How do we set up a "Used New Bike Fund" for Terry?

by BucketShopBill 140 Replies latest jw friends

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Double Post - Deleted

• sparky1
    sparky1

Dis-Member, I see that objectivetruth has come up with a fantastic idea in helping others in need and inviting you to join in and help others too! "If you are not part of the solution, than you are part of the problem"- Eldridge Cleaver. Perhaps you and objectivetruth could get together and start a 'Jehovahs-Witness.net Charity Fund' that others could donate to and that 'needy ones' could recieve benefit from. Some type of a pay it forward arrangement. I would be willing to match you dollar for dollar to start the fund. I will PM you with the amount of money.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Sparky.. That's awesome.. Thank You for your offer of support = )

• Terry
  • objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

We now have Terry's Paypal address, we ran a test Donation, and Terry confirmed that he received the Payment in his Paypal.

If you would like to Donate, please Visit this Link :

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GjIC30H2XGnWffJ-7UzVkUr-zvR2Mg6So22Y9-V-Kgg/viewform

Please fill in your intended donation amount, you do not have to fill in the "JWN User Name" area if you do not wish to.. This just helps us keep track of our progress.

Once you have clicked "Submit" you will be directed to a Secure Paypal Donation Page. You will be able to send any amount you like on this page. The Donation will go directly to Terry's personal paypal account.

(If you do not have a Paypal Account, you can pay by credit card as well, there is an option that says "Don't have a PayPal account?" if you need to pay by Credit Card find this area and click "Continue")

If you have already filled out the form, and you just need the paypal link please PM me, or if you don't want to fill out the form PM me for the Direct Paypal Link.

Thank You Everyone!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

I'm willing to donate for a bike for Terry. It saddens me to read that his books don't sell as good as he hoped, and I'm really surprised that people think writing a book is a guaranteed ticket to financial freedom (and tell it like they envy people who are making money with their books)... without the backup of a publisher you're on your own and you get peanuts!

I've once recorded a cd. Same story, I thought people would want to have it, since they always loved hearing me sing when I performed. Huge mistake, the recording sessions only cost me € 2500 and all I got back was about 15 sales of € 8 each... This was over ten years ago, and I still have a stack of cd's. They're not for sale anymore, I'm just telling it to let people know that they often think about the income of others and assume they know how much they make, but most people haven't got a clue! Same with me and my husband now, most people think we're rich, since we live in Spain and have a private pool in our backyard... Think again! Every month is a financial challenge and I can't stand people who cannot see our bank account nor wallet, but talk about us on the internet (not here, but we're being harrassed on a couple of Dutch websites) like we're earning loads of money. We don't.

End of rant, sorry. I'll check back to see how I can donate.... [add. it's already there, while I was still typing ].

Just remember that RECEIVING payments on PayPal COSTS the receiver a fee (1,9% to 3,4% plus a small fixed amount) to Paypal! When people donate $1 he will not get 1$ but what's left after Paypal gets their fee. Just saying.

I hope Terry will ride a bike again soon! Or we could donate a little more, with more people, and get his car fixed again!

• Giordano
    Giordano

I've donated through the orginal pay pal link. Terry I am going to claim the bucks were a religious donation on my taxes! Cause reading you sometimes is a religious experience............. of another kind.

GIO

• baltar447
    baltar447

Just donated.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Donation made, as promised.

• Terry
    Terry

Whew! Extraordinary love felt and acknowledged here my mentally-diseased fellow Apostates!

If there is an e-mail address attached I have sent you an e-mail thank you. If there is only a foreign country, I'll say it here:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit