How do we set up a "Used New Bike Fund" for Terry?

by BucketShopBill 140 Replies latest jw friends

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Band on the run - It will be straight forward, I will create a paypal donate / link button that goes directly to Terry's Paypal (once he provides it). All money will go to him.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Zed - Who is Trevor, what's his situation?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Talesin - That's a really cool idea, I think we can bring back the good ol days? (I wasn't around, but I've heard about them)

• talesin
    talesin

I think that with the gazillion people on the site now, the good old days are gone. *Today* will be the good old days in 10 years or so. :))

Edit: Also, I think that social media is providing a place where folks are meeting their friends, and it's a natural thing that JWN may be more of a starting point for folks to meet. Then they move on to Facebook, or G+, email, whatever.

Many folks were around long before me, but it sure has exploded with membership since the late 00s.

xx

tal

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would donate to that cause.

If people don't already know Terry is a retired guy living of government sponsored funding.

A great contributer to this forum.

• humbled
    humbled

Yep--Paypal! Can do!

Maeve

ps. Yadda yadda, it's okay to sometimes drop a few coins for a friend--as someone or other once said: the poor are always with us :)

• talesin
    talesin

And why is such an intelligent person not well-heeled, and spending his retirement in luxury? Well, he was one of the people who went to prison for the WatchTower. That's right, rather than go to Vietnam. So, like many of us baby boomers, education was kind of DENIED.

xx

tal

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Thanks talesin for the info, I'll check out gofundme. If Terry has Paypal that will be easiest, if not we can use that site, or we can nominate another trusted JWN member who can collect the paypal donations and then send a check to Terry. Thank you Finkelstein, I have a feeling Terry will be back with a new bike in no time.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Wow that's crazy Talesin, I didn't know that.

• talesin
    talesin

Sry, just realized that is probably "not the site you're looking for" (couldn't help the SW reference) ............. so I deleted that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit