How do we set up a "Used New Bike Fund" for Terry?

by BucketShopBill 140 Replies latest jw friends

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

We're up to $150.00!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

how much are you trying to get to for a bike?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Terry has not responded to that question, but I'm shooting for $650.00 (The cost of his Previous Bike)

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Millions of malnourished and starving children and were raising funds for someone's lost bicycle on here??

Pathetic.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Remember that bus lady who got almost a million dollars because the kids were mean to her?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Yadda-Yadda,

Would you like to start a campaign for mal-nourished children and families in 3rd world countries? If so I think that it a great idea, where do you think we should start? I know some individuals in the Philippines that could really use some extra financial support, would you like me to send them some money on your behalf? You can reimburse me.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

EOM - That was crazy, she got like 1 Million or something, is that a bad thing though? I don't think so.

Sure if humanity was perfectly regulated, and we could all live in a Communal Financial system, where everyone received exactly what they needed it would be great.. The reality is that we don't, so what are we to do about it?

Why don't we give to Terry and then when some one else is in need in this community, let's help them too.

The differences in opinion are one thing, and to be expected on a site such as this. However we all share a common struggle in life, and the closer we are as a community the more hope and joy we can bring to one another.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I wonder if Trevor is doing okay, maybe we should set up a fund for him?

• talesin
    talesin

I think it's a great idea - Terry is one of the few people who gives, gives, gives .......... and hey, think of it as "Secret Santa", a bit early. We used to do Secret Santa here ..... ah, the good old days. *grins*

xx

tal

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I want to hear the details. Transparency is important. I will contribute when the account is set up. Terry inspires me when he uses his bicycle.Also, I know what is like to not have a car/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit