How do we set up a "Used New Bike Fund" for Terry?

by BucketShopBill 140 Replies latest jw friends

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Dammit, how can an offer of help turn into a big argument? I expected better from the people on here. So others didn't get help but someone offered to help terry. So what? Would you slag me off for donating to girl scouts but not oxfam?

• MissFit
    MissFit

Dismember: give me a break. " high horse" really😅?

Pot meet kettle.😳

• Zoos
    Zoos

I just clicked forward from page one to page three and found the bickering. I CANNOT BELIEVE an effort as simple as helping a guy like Terry replace his bicycle has turned into yet another JWN hornets’ nest of negativity and childish tantrums.

Or, maybe I should have expected it the moment Terry told his story.

Simon, please instruct the children to be seated and allow this effort to move forward.

• Terry
    Terry

Well!

Imagine my surprise!

Somebody on Facebook sent me an I.M. and I flipped out.

First off, I can't express my deepfelt sense of astonished gratitude you fellow apostates would single me out for such extrordinary kindness.

This last book I wrote, The Monorails of Mars, was written so that I could create a stream of income to get my 98 Honda repaired.

All I sold was 5 copies! I bought 7 copies myself and gave them out to friends. (When you self-publish you make about $5 to $8 off each sale, BTW)

My previous book, I Wept by the Rivers of Babylon (about my imprisonment) sold fewer than 25 copies.

I'm embarrassed to be the object of contention and or worthiness for personal charity.

I apologize to those offended, although I can't really disentangle your feelings from my own in a clear-headed way.

Much love and respect I send your way--ALL OF YOU, for even discussing this situation.

You've made my heart soar like an eagle.

Oh, Dis-member . . . that listing for a used paperback copy of my book is hilarious! You can buy a new one for $14.98 on Amazon.

Somebody has high hopes indeed!

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I do not post very often but I feel compelled to do so at this time. Terry has contributed greatly to this forum and other areas with his research and insight. He has brought out so many points I never thought to research myself and spurred me on to do so. The member causing contention on this thread just saddens me...truly. Please get past your hatred and what I perceive to be a hint of jealousy and find another thread to cause trouble. You obviously have lost sight of the kind motivation behind the start of this thread.

Thank you Terry for all you contribute!!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I intended to donate, I was just waiting for the details on how to do it.

Of course everyone has things that happen in their life, but come on, the poor guy had his only method of transportation stolen and has no way to replace it. In consideration of that and his many contributions to JWN her the years, I don't see the problem in asking people if they want to donate, it's not like anyone was forced to do so. The title of this thread was quite clear, if you don't like this type of thing, all you had to do was avoid clicking on the thread.

There is absolutely no need to kill the thread because a few people got offended.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Hi Everyone.. I'm very glad to see everyones support. I'm working with Terry to finalize the Donation Link - We should have it up today. I will post the link here, and I will also PM every individual that has expressed interest in Donating.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Your book is on my Xmas wish list Terry! Sorry about your bike, I hope this situation is resolved soon, best wishes, P x

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nice going Ojectivetruth

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Dis-Member,

It is not that Terry deserves anything more than any other individual on this thread. I can't speak for anyone else on this thread but I'm willing to donate a few bucks everytime some one is in dire straights or when life has thrown them a curve ball.. Many other Kind hearted people have come forward, and they have proven that this board is a community that cares. With concentrated efforts we can become a stronger community that looks past beliefs, and looks at each other as friends with love and human concern.

A wise man once said " Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow. " Terry did not ask for help, but people that need help rarely ask for help.

If any of those people that you mentioned are still in need of help, I would like to help them also, I will start a similar campaign for them, and they will receive help. Dis-Member can you assist me with their campaigns after this campaign is completed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit