How do we set up a "Used New Bike Fund" for Terry?

by BucketShopBill 140 Replies latest jw friends

• Mikado
    Mikado

I have no idea how to actually get a private message here, keep me posted when it's all up and running....

guys it's just a nice thing to do for someone. it doesn't need to be compared with others difficulties... we can just choose to help each other for no personal gain.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

WE NEED TO KILL THIS THREAD BEFORE IT ERUPTS IN TO A TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE. I FORGOT HOW DEEPLY HURT MANY PEOPLE ARE BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT INCLUDED IN LOTS OF THE CONGREGATIONAL FUNCTIONS. The Bitterness is hard to break, I hope Simon kills this before the real rage begins and childhood negative experienes of non-inclusion start all the sleepless nights over again.

There must be a better way, I failed because I did not realize how many of the Top Contributers to JWN had bad things happen and nobody did anything to help them. Simon, it's best we kill this before the real bitter hatred starts to oooze out wallowed in self-pity, please kill this thread, we've had too much bitterness we recently overcame on Evolution threads. Terry must have known something like this would happen, he never asked for a penny, he never hinted and said he would find a way to buy his own bike whether it be used or new. I can find my own way to help Terry, it's best you find your own ways too because there are people with pent up sadness from years of non-inclusion and I fear we are going to get spammed with millions of pictures of Sudanese Children sent our way.

Sorry Terry, I screwed up by starting this thread, please forgive me!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes that's right no critical thinking welcome here.

Critical thinking isn't the issue !

The reason TERRY has so much respect on this forum is because he has contributed so much.

Don't believe me perhaps take a look at his past posts and the actual number.

People achieve respect for a reason.

What level of respect do you believe you'll achieve here Dis-Member ?

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Finkel, it's not worth a war and getting the entire community twisted against each other, really it's not and Terry is not asking for anything. The last thing he would want is this place tearing each other up over years of pent up rage from non-inclusion! Let's stop this and find another way ok? It's best before the shit hits the fan, there are other ways!

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Terry is one of my favourite posters. It's nothing to do with disrespecting Terry. I was the first to offer him sympathy. I just wondered why if this is such a loving community why are the other members I listed here who have lost a lost an awful lot more given absolutely nothing.

I have no desire to achieve anything in this virtual er.. community. You mean aspire to be an elder or ministerial poster? I'll leave that to you thanks.

Cheers but I try to limit my life goals to the real world.

Hey look he only has to sell 3 books and he can buy a new bike!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1492902063/ref=sr_1_3_olp/279-0206719-4996230?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410071744&sr=1-3&condition=used

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If your not up to contributing thats cool, no one is going to judge you. Dis-member, you don't have to create a negative out a empathic idea.

This a non-judgmental forum.

When someone loses their main form of transportation and they are on a tight fixed income, it creates empathy and wanting to help that person out.

Tossing $20 to help someone shouldn't create such deliberation.

I'll leave at that.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

There you go making up stuff and manipulating again. I said nothing about not contributing. I do try to contribute as and when I can. I said I don't care about chasing fictitious respect in a forum where very few of which have the courage even to say their real names or who they really are. Very little here is real. Ghosts in the night. A sea of Avatars..

I was not being negative either. Being open minded should never be classed as being negative. In fact I was being positive and drawing attention to those others who have lost a great deal that you seem comfortable to ignore.

Again I ask... where is your financial empathy for the other people I listed in this forum who lost far far more than a bike? Where was their fund?

• Mikado
    Mikado

99% of the posters here have more courage than you can poke a stick at.

we also have people who can be hurt and lives destroyed if we out ourselves. NONE of that is cowardice.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bucket shop bill: you are a very giving and empathetic person with a big heart.

Dont let others dampen your spirit. There is no way you will ever please everyone.

I am glad you started this thread because the first reaction I had when I read about Terry's bike was how can I help. I suggest keeping that link open and let people contribute if they want.

Dismember: how do you know if some of those people you mentioned didnt get help privately? It is not bucket's fault if no one offered to help those people.

He was moved to help someone he knows needs it. Good for him.

Miss.Fit

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Dismember: how do you know if some of those people you mentioned didnt get help privately? It is not bucket's fault if no one offered to help those people.

Who knows if Terry has not received help privately? Get of your high horses will ya!!
    I never said helping Terry is not a good idea.. (although why a published author needs charity to buy him a bike beats me) So why not do it privately instead of making a big grand display about how good you are by announcung your public contributions and setting up this donation thread? Oh I get it.. people want it to be known they are contributing in persuit of that fictitious 'respect'.

99% of the posters here have more courage than you can poke a stick at.

Carry on believing that. Living s lie and a double life is not courageousness in the slightest. It's the opposite. Like it or not but Dishonesty and Cowardice go hand in hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit