Satan and the demons, ghosts, spirits, fortune tellers. Are they real?

by KateWild 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

MASH, Thanks for your post.

Cold reading, what is the purpose? Anyone?

To generate revenue.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

I got asked this in a PM

Intelligent beings in other realms or dimensions, communicating with us, why would that have anything to do with rewards or punishments from God? -PM

This is a way to interact with humans, as parents, friends and spouses we interact with pwople around us and punishment and rewards is just a part of that inteaction. As I don't think God cares enough to interact, why would any other being interact also.

But many have had experiences so it interests me, do Satan and the demons really exists?

Kate xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

James Randi's million dollars still hasn't been claimed!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Personally I don't think Satan is real, but I am curious about the spirit realm. Have you had experiences? What do you believe?

No. I believe that we are alone. I haven't had any experiences at all really. All rather bland.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks Punky for your post.

I am still intrigued by "cold reading", what is it's purpose?

Kate xx

• Mikado
    Mikado

Kate, what do you mean, what is the purpose of cold reading?

to convince someone that you have physchic powers, with the intended result of financial gain.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Mikado, that is the only explaination I can think of. I wanted the other perspective from ones who have been read, and convinced that their loved one has contacted them or something. But you explaination is the most logical, I just want to be open minded and see if anyone else has a better answer.

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I went to a spiritualist meeting and a couple of blokes were there who reckined they were in contact with the spirit world and dead relatives. The whole thing was clearly a scam. They were charlatans using people's vulnerabilities for their own gain. They were making it up as they went along and using what the poor folk in the audience said to trick them into thinking they had a gift. For instance one said ''I see the letter 'D'....it could stand for 'Dad'...''

I was feeling rather revulsed by that time.

Delusion and confirmation bias was holding sway with the audience.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Interesting experience Punky, I might try it to observe the participants and ask them why they felt the experience was genuine. There are always events going on in local pubs and stuff. Kate xx

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Even people that are "normal" can have the occasional hallucination.

The human mind is a strange place.

I didn't read the entire thread. Did anyone mention sleep paralysis and the "visions" that we commonly experience during that period. To someone that is so inclined, those experiences would seem to be "proof" of the spirit world and/or demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit