Satan and the demons, ghosts, spirits, fortune tellers. Are they real?

by KateWild 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

true true, i also figure if there is a satan and hes in control of the whole world, hes only busy with some and not all.which would be odd

i never ever could wrap my head around why satan would 'take jesus to ne tempted for 40 days' after he was baptised. and offer him kingdoms.or any of the supposed satan stories, what the hell, go into the pigs and run off a cliff. ok, was tha t suppsoed to kill them? if they can GO into the pigs they can go into the air! lol

wha?

turns out the people in that group back then hated pigs. story i guess.

my mom a firm yet pretty unknowlegable jw used to always say to me " satan blesses his own" when id get annoyed that we had it so hard and others had it so good.

I never ever knew what she meant by that, so no matter who you worship, you get blessings? so then who cares?

• dugout
    dugout

Me personaly, never seen or heared a demon, never seen an angel, God has never spoken to me. As said before, a lot of that is attributed to mental illness. But when you read the bible you read of this stuff all the time and people say this stuff really happend. What does that tell you? Right now don't believe in spirits. Holyspirit either

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had one roommate who was a charismatic Catholic. She confided that she spoke in tongues. I was appalled. She was an alumna of Swarthmore. It was a status thing. Indeed, there some pressure for me to join the merry group. I told her I knew I was biased but I would not live in the same apartment if she spoke in tongues. I attended a Pentecostal Church once. It was not my idea to attend. It was absolutely terrifying. I saw some sort of sexual release. The poastor talked them into a frenzy. Girlfriends from kindergarten were tearing their hair out, wailing out bad they were. The pastor was completely in control. My eyes were glued on him. He checked his watch for the time and then starting hugging people out of the craziness. It made the Witnesses look sane.

There was a theme of "I am the worst of all creatures." The girls I knew were too polite and studious. They slammed their bodies against the seats. I was thinking of getting a police officer when the pastor ended the performance. They saw Jesus on the altar. I saw nothing. My clothes broke all their rules. I liked evil music. I respected many of the people present until that day.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I'm invisible...

• Maat13
    Maat13

Katewild,

I'll apologize for being abstract...but consider these possibilities...

1.) Conceptually God and Satan are in a symbiotic relationship. One can not 'live' without the other....

2.) Metaphysically speaking, YOU are God.

3.) Spirit beings are conscious thoughts that once existed as physical matter but now eminates it self through vibrations and light.

4.) Demons are spirit beings whose vibratory and light frequencies are constantly resonating at frequecies that destroy conscious thoughts.

5.) Fortune tellers are astrologers who didn't bother to do their research on the stars....

My sentiments.......

Credo quia absurdum is a Latin phrase that means "I believe because it is absurd." It is a paraphrase of a statement inTertullian's work De Carne Christi, "prorsus credibile est, quia ineptum est", which can be translated: "it is by all means to be believed, because it is absurd". [ 1 ] The context is a defence of the tenets of orthodox Christianity against docetism:

But then again I understand that "millionaires play the stock market and billionaires read the stars"......J.P. Morgan (I think)

Oh and perhaps deja vu's and clairvoyance are somewhere between numbers 4 and 5...

Maat

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I wonder why KateWild who even had a little dance with me on her birthday.. yet completely ignors me when ever I comment on any of her threads.

People are so strange..

• Fernando
    Fernando

A JW (Religious Objector) in military detention had an "experience" when he was moved from the camp and locked in a cell.

Before the experience you'd be hard pressed to find Bible related material amidst the chaos on his bed.

Afterwards you could not find anything else but.

He always refused to say anything at all about the incident.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Just thinking about truthwillsetyoufree's account of their experience with a spiritualist, it reminded me of a Derren Brown series where he recreated or acted out being a healer, fortune teller, preacher, etc... what struck me was what people remembered about encounters with him especially when he was 'cold reading' individuals; they only remembered the 'hits' and forgot all the 'misses'. So when truthwillsetyoufree says the spiritualist said X (which turned out to be true) , it would also be important to know everything else said, then we may well see the misses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgdJ9-s3HEg

As for the account itself... I would guess most at a spiritualist church would be religious or formally religious!? It’s hardly going to be full of atheists! Hard times and losing people - well isn't that everyone? The sacral chakra is usually related to food intolerance not the heart (4th chakra) so that’s odd - sound like fishing to me!

As for "I've never revealed anything about myself"... cold readers are experts on reading the clues we give off without really realising it. The only way to not give anything away would be to wear a full body paper bag over yourself and make sure you do not utter a single word - even then you could be revealing a lot (eg... you may come across as a doubter). So without doing anything a cold reader might be thinking about: Which meeting did you attend? Is it your first visit or were you introduced? What time is the meeting, during the week or weekend in the day or evening? Who did you sit next to? Did you sit on your own? Did you sit at the back or the front? Are your shoes expensive? Did you chat to other people attending before the show? Is your body language defensive or open? How old are you? Do you look tired? Smiling or concentrating? etc... etc...

I have always wanted to ask spiritualist why when they receive messages, the person giving the message never (a) gives their name properly (despite later being able to deliver quite complex ideas and messages) it’s always...'it starts with a B sound brian, bob, bobby, bobby alan, yes, Alan, its Alan... and (b) if the 'spirit' can give their name and have a message for someone, why can't they give the name of the person to give it to? The spiritualist always says something like "I have a bobby, brian, sue, alan here, they died of a heart condition or something like that, they smoked I think, possibly had a buggy... does that mean anything to anybody?". If they are really talking to the dead why not "Hi, I have Christopher Hitchens here... he wants to pass a message to his brother Peter... he says 'damn it you were right! Oh, and I left my will second drawer on the right under the TV"!

Sorry for rambling!

• KateWild
    KateWild

DM, I am sorry I didn't answer you individually, I am trying to reduce my activity on here. Apologies, you make some good points.

Who did Jesus supposedly cast out? Who tempted him in the wilderness? Why did he often speak of "your father the devil"?-DM

For a beliver in the bible you would conclude the must be Satan and the demons, having said this I have read the bible and I am not convinced the accounts are all true and factual. But a good point none the less.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit