Satan and the demons, ghosts, spirits, fortune tellers. Are they real?

by KateWild 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthwillsetyoufree
    truthwillsetyoufree

I often ask this too. I'm open minded about it but couldn't say one way or another. I did attend a christian spiritualist church a few times in Birmingham UK. I had recently moved up to the area and nobody knew me. The person conducting the service gave a general message from the spirit world to all present and then gave each of us a personal message. When she got to me she said about my past that I was used to be religious and went thru a hard time and have lost people in my life and that I'm now searching and not sure what path to take. (Ive condensed what she said - there was a lot of details she mentiond) the thing is, she doesn't know me yet she was all spot on! How did she know? I thought she either had a message fro. The spirit world or she was just a. Very good judge of character and thought up what to say based on how I was receiving the so called message. I will say though that when it came to predicting the future they wasnt very good - I still haven't gone abroad doing voluntary work lol! However, I did go back for a healing session and she did a shakra cleanse. Not sure if I believe in but wanted to experience it. However, at the end, she said ur 4th shakra is very blocked. Do u suffer from intolerances as that's what I'm getting? I said yes!,I have intolerances for a number of food items. She doesn't know me and I've never revealed anything about myself, again, how did she know? Could she actually read shakras or was it just a lucky guess as lots.of people have intolerances? I don't know. It was a good experience. But I do have to ask why can only some people do this?,why do only some people have the abiliy to receive messages or see ghosts and not others?,it doesn't make a sense to me. So I have an open mind about it and only u can decide for yourself what's going on by ur own experiences of it.

• cofty
    cofty

However, at the end, she said ur 4th shakra is very blocked.

Dulcolax will sort that out.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I believe all humans are mediums or channels or messengers between realms.

It does not take much for a spiritually awakened person to discern whether the powers of light or darkness are being channelled, even when deception and cloaking are involved.

And yes I've had experiences I would definitely describe as supernatural if viewed within and from a primitive 3D only perspective.

• designs
    designs

Can you float or hover.

• sir82
    sir82

"The devil doesnt realize that he is playing right into gods hands". I said "Now he does!! You just told him!!"

I love this...

Christians seem to believe that Satan is simultaneously the most intelligent being in the universe (short of God himself), and the stupidest creature in the universe, as he knows God's plans yet "plays into them" constantly.

• designs
    designs

What is it we were taught as JWs about Satan being telepathic or partially telepathic. Talk about scaring people into mind control...

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Its a bit like UFO/Alien sightings, which always seem to have an up-tick when people start drinking.

There's also a number of relatively strange physical phenomena that, if you didn't know about them, they could cause you to present them as 'proof' of sprits. For example, when in the presence of low frequency sound waves (inaudible for humans) that match the resonance of the human eye, it can often cause you to see ghostly figures that pop in and out of your periphrial vision. This has been confirmed as the cause of a number of 'haunted' buildings.

Fortune tellers are just con artists taking advantage of the human weakness called confirmation bias, or in some cases, they do lots of prior research on clients in order to appear as though they posses supernatural knowledge. There's been so many examples of these folks being debunked that I feel like your inclusion of them in your question may indicate that you're attempting to troll us a bit. Just because someone doesn't believe in god, doesn't mean that their mentally acute and able to recognize when someone is taking advantage of them and manipulating them.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

These are absolute lies designed to control people and take money. Most of these fortune tellers are criminals. I can testify to the fear the Witnesses put in me. Belief in spirits goes along with low socioeconomic level and lack of education. My mom saw a fortune teller when I was ill. The woman guessed correctly on some items. She then demanded something personal of mine to burn black candles at the local Pentecostal church. I grew up with the minister's son so once when I ran away from home, I attended services there. They would never have white candles, let alone black candles. My mom was thinking of clothing or jewelry I had. No, something personal such as my plastic credit cards.

These people seem correct concerning some things. We don't focus on the many mistakes they made. It is a con. The WT is a con. I've been afraid of demons since KH. Not a single sighting. The British have a reputation for believing in spirits more than most nationalities do.

Take a fortune teller to court and demand enforcement of the prediction. The WT has a more obedient crowd if they are so afraid.

These people belong in prison.

• cofty
    cofty

It does not take much for a spiritually awakened person to discern... - Fernando

It doesn't not take much for a rational person to discern bullshit.

• cofty
    cofty

The British have a reputation for believing in spirits more than most nationalities do - BOTR

Eh?

More than the superstitous Italians and Spanish and South Americans?

More than Africa? How about the massively superstitous, ancestor worshipping Japanese?

More than the bible-belt of the good old USA?

Where do you get these factoids?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit