Satan and the demons, ghosts, spirits, fortune tellers. Are they real?

by KateWild 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Hiya Kate,

Interesting question.

It makes me wonder.. If there is no devil and no demons.. how can there be a God?

Who did Jesus supposedly cast out? Who tempted him in the wilderness? Why did he often speak of "your father the devil"?

Why did God apparently require an instant death penalty for all those who were witches, mediums, sorcerers and warlocks and dabbled in the dark side?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for all of your posts guys it was interesting to read theough some of your experiences.

What also puzzles me is that if someone is going to tell your fortune and they are so sure of it then just tell me, I don't understand the point of telling me details about my past. If telling my future is so easy then do it and I will confirm it if it comes true, and I will know the spirit medium or fortune teller is telling the truth. Telling me personal details about my life teaches me nothing and helps me with nothing. I already know those details.

Kate xx

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

I don't believe in all this stuff because there just isn't anything to back it up. Plus I go back and forth between athiesm and diesm and if you don't believe in god it doesn't make sense to believe in spirits, who would be created by him.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

well, when i was a child of 4 or 5 yrs old we lived in an apt in the city. i would have frequent , 'experiences' with what today i would consider ghosts.

i vividly remember on several occations, getting out of my bed, walking to the edge of the stairs and jumping to float to the bottom, and go into the kitchen,and then go back up to bed.

then one night, a ghost of a long haired woman walk through the wall, into my room and stand by my bed,

i turned over and tightly kept my eyes closed. the next day i had hives. i remember it to this day.

and at the same time, in this same place, my mother told me that many mornings after my father left for work, she was 'held down' to the bed by something so she couldnt move.

she tells me the woman in the apt below was a 'crazy' woman who was a 'drunk' and she blamed her, and the fact that she was studying new with her sister at the time and felt that satan was trying ot get her to stop.

funny too is that years later when we moved into a larger house, never having any odd experiences there,

my girlfriend gave me a bag of used clothing, i was about 12.

i started to hear voices outside my door at night, that started out soft and got louder, sort of like you were approaching a closed door with a crowd of people on the other side talking, it freaked me out. i complined about this to my mom a few times,

so my mom called my aunt who was the 'jw authority' and my aunt asked my mom if she had brought anything into the house recently from anyone.

she said yes , these clothes, from my freind. my freind,also age 12 was into the game 'ouiga board' at the time, so my mom considered those clothes demonized, and she gave them all back. nothing else happened after that.

then 10 years ago my husband who used to have a motorcycle and cruise around the countryside, would take little hikes in the woods, sometimes hed have his brother with him, or me, or hed stop along his way and poke inside abandoned houses sitting along side the road, we always had fun wondering why peopple would abandon perfectly good homes, and leave stuff behind. sometimes wed find weird stuff left behind like old magazines and books and wed take them home and have fun reading them.

well one day he was in one of these empty homes by himself, and was standing in the upstairs , and he said he heard loud footsteps coming up the steps, and he thought it was the owner who may have lived next door, or someone who saw him go in, and he turned around, and there was no one there,

he said his hair stood up on his neck, and he flew out of there quick.

also,a few years ago i was at work one day, putting products on shelves minding my own buisness, and sensed someone quicly walking by me, to the back room, I turned around, and looked and saw no one, i went to find my supervisor,and asked her who went into the back room, she said no one why?

i said someone walked back there awful fast, who was it? she said OMG you saw it! the ghost!, there is a man ghost who is here.

and i said no way!

so Ghosts or not, you have to admit, these expereinces are pretty weird huh?

as for fortune tellers, well, are they all lottery winners?? or fall into situations that make thier lives always pleasent? nope.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks sowhatnow, for your experiences and your beliefs. I have never had those experiences, I wonder why some do and others do not?

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

so Ghosts or not, you have to admit, these expereinces are pretty weird huh?

Not really no.

Can you think of rational explanations for every one of them that is more likely than supernatural beings?

I can.

• KateWild
    KateWild

So cofty you believe that many people are just scared and confused and then are so convinced they have other experiences that confirm their bias. What about when you were a born again, did you talk in tounges? What is that all about? Did you lie or just ramble?

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

I never spoke tongues. It is self-delusion, group-think and emotional manipulation.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for that cofty...many born agains claim they are talking in tongues there are many, I can see your point. Thanks for your perspective. Kate xx

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

sowhatnow, it sounds like your mother suffered from sleep paralysis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

That phenomena is resonably well understood, and is probably to blame for most experiences of visions and "being held down" that occurs while waking or drifting off to sleep. Definitely nothing supernatural there.

I have to agree with cofty on this, each one of those accounts can be explained with no appeal to the supernatural

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit