Satan and the demons, ghosts, spirits, fortune tellers. Are they real?

by KateWild 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Derren Brown did an excellent Programme where he acted as a Medium, quite incredible what he was able to tell people about themselves and family etc.

Derren knows it is all trickery, and knows how to do it.

Some great people of the past have been fooled, Sherlock Holmes author Conan Doyle for example.

But fooled they were, do you wish to look a fool ?

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

KateWild I love the open minded manner of the your question.

I don’t believe Satan is a real being despite being Christian but I do think there are `spirits` for want of a better word. I’ve had a few strange experiencers over the years, most of which centred around the death of loved ones. My own view at the moment about these things is that there is a relationship between the physical, mathematical and consciousness domains. I think these three “ domains” overlap and relate to one another. The lines of communication I think relate to how these domains relate to each other.

The universe we see correlates to mathematics but is itself not mathematics, indeed some mathematics done by mathematicians has no relation to the physics of the universe, whereas all physics in the universe does relate to mathematics. So maths is kind of bigger than the universe. Then the domain of mind seems to defy any attempt to reduce it to a mere mathematical algorithmic description. The famous hard problem of consciousness rears its head at this point. The mind of course can understand mathematics in a way that no step by step computational computer can. So there is some mysterious link between these three worlds. So the communications from spirits is also quite mysterious, although sometimes quite clear. Sometimes not clear it has to be said.

Just a few thought for what it’s worth.

• Pinku
    Pinku

Satan is the creation of human mind. The very fact that Satan supposedly took Jesus to a high mountain so that "whole" earth could be visible to both of them betrays belief of the first century HUMANS that earth's shape was flat. If Satan is REAL, he would have definitely known the correct shape of earth!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Designs - "Although the existence of Justin Beiber does make me wonder...."

Justin Bieber exists...

x

...there is no God!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I watched Sylvia Browne and John Edwards on TV shows. Montel Williams frequently had them as guests. Faster than most humans can read, the producers posted a disclaimer that their appearance was entertainment, not factual. If I did not know to look for it, I never would see it. Someone has died. The messages they relay are so silly. He is concerned for your heart disease. No one ever conveys what death is like. God's existence is never raised. I used to laugh so hard at the topics discussed.

There was an intelligent, sophisticated older woman in my church. I was in a small women's group with her. Her living room was full of Sylvia Browne books. It was so unlike her. Thank goodness I did not make fun of Sylvia in front of her. Her husband died a few years earlier. We were a day trip from NYC so I assume she had a private reading. The local priest would never endorse mediums.

Compared to Americans, the British do believe in spirits. I think it is mostly the upper classes at Oxford or Cambridge. It is a joke here. The British focus seems to be between the wars. National Trust type houses. Tweeds. It may have been one work of fiction.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You need to investigate this for yourself.

DD

• jam
    jam

An actual testimony from a Miracle Spring water recipent.

I received my Miracle water, I prayed to God for $2000.00.

That very day one of my tenants knock on my apartment door

and handed me two grand. He said please tell your God to leave

me alone. He was behind in his rent.

OK, that is certainly a miracle my friends..LOL

I'm sure I'm the only one up at night watching this program,

send for your Miracle Spring water and receive your miracle

from God....

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Many who do not believe in God though, have gone to fortune tellers. They claim they do not believe in God but there is evidence of spirits influencing their lives. I find this hard to grasp.

And yet, you are able to grasp the idea that there is a man in the sky, who is resposible for keeping order in the universe, but refuses to move a finger to help mankind in any way, but instead sits back and eats twinkies, as humans are left to their own devices.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

I think wicked spirits exist because GOD does not do evil even though he created it. If he does not do evil I can see him creating someone to actually do that for him. I think of Judas who betrayed Jesus. Someone needed to fulfill GODs will.

He is the potter and have made vessels for their particular purpose- He is always in control

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Someone has died. The messages they relay are so silly. He is concerned for your heart disease. No one ever conveys what death is like. God's existence is never raised. I used to laugh so hard at the topics discussed.

The best is when they start trying to guess the person's name. "Ohh i see a name with a B in it" . Really? so this person is communicating with you about different things but cannot tell you their name? What a bunch of hogwash. There has been a few scandals where in some of these medium shows, the producers actually send people to mingle with the audience and find out details about their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit