If you don't believe in God, Jesus, and everything in the Bible, you are willfully ignorant.

by defender of truth 104 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If God, Jesus and Everything in the bible don't believe in me, well thats just sad.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Yaddayadda: I wasn't inviting people to mock the comment. That is a tedious waste of time, to me anyway. I have pm'd him twice to invite him to discuss the comment further.
    I'd like him to present evidence to back up the claim that there is so much evidence, and to have a dialogue hopefully. I am not one to make fun of people. I could give you a link to a thread where I tried very hard to talk to him about the issue of animal suffering, but he would not respond to me. His popping up in various threads to not have a discussion, but merely tell people how great Jesus is and post a video, seems to be borderline spamming to me.

Further, I think it is low to call anyone who doesn't believe in the Bible God willfully ignorant.
    If I dropped in to an opinion poll thread on whether people believe in God just to say, 'Allah is great, anyone who doesn't believe in the Quran is ignorant', I would not be surprised if someone started a new thread on my comment.
    Won't do it again, though, guv'nor.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The patina on Adam's calendar disproves the 6,000 years of man theory. Unless someone can prove that the scientific method of dating is inaccurate.

DD

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Terry, I send you a PM

Ismael

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"I absolutely 100% believe in God, Jesus Christ and everything recorded in the bible.
    The reason why is because of the overwhelming amount of evidence." -

The lord placed two types of people on this, his only planet that matters:

(1) Those who critically analyze and evaluate all available information, making decisions, including those involving their belief systems, based on thought, facts and reason; and

(2) Folks who have been blessedly spared such tedium.

Let's see in with group I fit in; Evidence for the historical existence of Jesus of Nazareth (the Christ) as portrayed in the Bible is only found in three places: the Bible itself, other early Christian writings, and references by the various early churches (c. 100 CE) to the long dead leader of those churches.

What qualifies as good evidence?

1) Contemporary evidence: Evidence that dates to the time the person or event actually happened.

2) Derivative evidence: Evidence that is known to use contemporary record-evidence that has since been lost.

3) Comparative evidence: Evidence that gives details that can be checked against known factors of the time.

A good rule of thumb here is that history records the unusual, the special, and the important; and the amount history records is generally directly proportional to when these factors achieve a critical mass. If a person is said to be important and popular during their lifetime then one would expect contemporary or at the least derivative evidence documenting this.

Their is no evidence to support jesus. Gods, well there are over 100,000 gods out there, the Abrahamic YHWH(s), Zeus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and every other deity from A to Z (and 0-9, !, ", #, $ or any other character, obviously). Someone should be a little more specific.

I can tie hercules throughout the Mediterranean, Elis was a real place. The Euxine Sea is know as the Black Sea now. Nemea is also a real place. Does this mean hercules was an real historical figure?

Respectfully,

Ismael

• Listener
    Listener

You don't win people's hearts by telling them they are ignorant.

• jam
    jam

Wasn't that one of M. Jackson favorite saying, he is so

ignorant????

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@jam You're thinking of South Park.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just read Genesis chapter 3. Why was mankind damned? For not being willfully ignorant. Who issued a death threat that, unless man remained willfully ignorant (and ready to be enslaved), they would die? Seems Satan tried to get mankind to be un-ignorant, and man was not willfully ignorant at that time. And joke-hova threw a hissy fit, damned Satan, and condemned mankind for that. From that, it is blatant that joke-hova demands everyone be willfully ignorant and uses that LIE-ble to enforce it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Why do we "feed" these people?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit