Atheists and JWs are on the same footing!

by exWTslave 130 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Try going into your inner self, and see whether what I did would work for you or not." - ex

Self-hypnosis has lots of different names; relaxation, meditation, auto-hypnosis, changed state of awareness, selective awareness, focussing, trance and they are all a natural state for the brain to experience.

"Hypnosis and the placebo effect are "so heavily reliant upon the effects of suggestion and belief that it would be hard to imagine how a credible placebo control could ever be devised for a hypnotism study." -R Barker Bausell

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

((ExWTSlave, the questions in my posts 439 and 440 were for you. Please respond, when you get chance to.))

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I pray to a jug of milk, and have the same results as when I used to pray to god:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

ExwtSlave said:
    "This is how I went about:
    1. Relax your body...etc
    7. In this silence, you are in the same frequency as your creator, ask for a link and see for yourself what happens!
    After this come back to this thread, and share your experience."
    Ok, I did just as you said.
    I asked Him for a link, He gave me this one and then told me to leave Him alone..

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god11.htm

The conclusion at the end of the article, for anyone that can't be bothered reading it all:
    "The fact that God answers no prayers has meaning to you on a very personal level. Let me give you an example of what it means.
    Let's say that you have a friend who is 35 years old, and she finds out that she has breast cancer. Obviously she is devastated. The cancer is fairly advanced, and the prognosis does not look immediately promising.
    If you are a believer, what is the first thing to do? The first order of business is prayer. Then the advanced believer would create a prayer circle to channel the "Lord's healing power" to your friend.
    As you now know, both the prayers and the prayer circle are pointless. God never answers prayers. If prayer circles worked, then we would be able to regenerate the legs of amputees, and we know that we can't. If prayer circles worked, we would not need doctors or hospitals. If prayer circles worked, we would pray that God completely eliminate breast cancer, and no one on the planet would ever get this disease. The effort spent praying is a waste of time.

So what should you do instead of praying? Think about this question: What might actually help your friend? Do not waste the time praying -- spend your time wisely doing something that will actually help your friend. For example:

*Make her family a nice dinner and deliver it to her home.
    *Offer to take care of her kids for several days while she recovers from her last round of chemo.
    *Make get-well cards to cheer her up.
    *Organize a bake sale or telethon to raise money for breast cancer research.
    *Go sit by her bedside in the hospital each day and read to her.
    *Bring happy movies for her to watch in the hospital.
    Etc.

God does not answer prayers -- the evidence is all around you. Now that you know that for certain, make the most of this knowledge."

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

cofty

Ruby - Religious people love mysteries becasue they provide cover for fantasy beings.

Rational people love mysteries in the same way that mountaineers love mountains.

good point cofty. I see the difference. Mysteries that conjure up dreadful figures like satan the devil need to be exposed as figments of overactive imaginations and as useful manipulative devices for scaring people into subservience.

I do like the idea of describing rational people as loving mysteries in the same way that mountaineers love mountains - we can then keep the awe and a certain amount of fear but we can keep a sense of detachment and clear thinking too while forging ahead on our voyages of discovery knowing that mysteries relate to what is ever evolving and open.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

god doesn't like amputees...that's why he has never, ever helped one of them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

god doesn't like amputees...that's why he has never, ever helped one of them.

ADCMS you are forgetting amputees bring it on themslves.

• cofty
    cofty

"good point cofty. I see the difference. Mysteries that conjure up dreadful figures like satan the devil - and his nemesis god - need to be exposed as figments of overactive imaginations and as useful manipulative devices for scaring people into subservience." - Ruby

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

cantleave: ADCMS you are forgetting amputees bring it on themslves

You are correct. I forgot about CurrentWTslave's irrefutable logic on that point.

• KateWild
    KateWild

In the face of human suffering that would make him evil.-cofty

That is an interesting perspective cofty, where do you draw the line at accountability? Lets take ants for example, they work hard live in a colony but they are indifferent to other ants suffering each ant is programmed to do it's job and nothing else.

Then the hampster, it's indifferent to the plight of the budgie being eaten by the cat.

Babies and children are often indifferent to one anothers suffering, even many human's are not interested in anyone beyond their own nose. Are all these insects, animals, humans classed as evil?

IMO I would say not evil but just indifferent. For me evilness is more classified with intentional acts to harm deliberately out of vengence, anger, malice and even pleasure. To me that is what evil stands for. Indifference is something comepletly different in my view.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit