Atheists and JWs are on the same footing!

by exWTslave 130 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi kate ,, woukd you not agree that indifference by a theistic god of whom cofty is referring ( the one who is deemed as loving and concerned for his creations )is entireky different from animals or so called imperfect humans.

His indifference to such events which he is understood to have absolute control over is imo by his inaction displaying evil.

Best wishes

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

For me evilness is more classified with intentional acts to harm deliberately out of vengence, anger, malice and even pleasure. To me that is what evil stands for. Indifference is something comepletly different in my view.

If a lifeguard, or worse, a parent, stood by and 'indifferently' watched a child drown just a few feet away, when both the lifeguard or parent could easily save their life, that wouldn't be considered evil because they were not "deliberately" pushing the child down into the water?

• defender of truth
  • Viviane
    Viviane

There you go with your intellectual intimidation technique again. Thank you for clarifying why you ask questions. I am sure now it's to intimidate people. I asked you why you were asking a particular question, to be polite to you, but I can read between the lines. I am going to ignore futher posts from you on this thread as they are off topic and designed to be deliberately abusive. There is no conversaton with you Viv. Absolutely none.

So you have no idea what the words you wrote meant and you're pretending to be a victim to avoid answering a simple question and having that exposed. Got it.

One thing I have learned from you Viv is that you believe in/allow for the existence of mysteries? Now what could be more religious than that?

Being religious would be one thing.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

crofty, how can you deal with such flawless logic as the Op Ed brings out? Now I understand why these forums get so heated and why I don't like them. How are you doing today Crofty, hope life is treating you well!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Atheists have arrived at the undrstanding that "god" is a by-product ( convoluted by the ridiculous claims of world religions), created by man, stemming from a deep rooted fear of death. Your understanding of your diety relegates him to the level of a costermonger selling potatoes. The more he reduces his price the more you buy. The more prayers/devotion/meditation/other ridiculous forms of communion you offer your diety, the more "happiness', you reap. This sense of entitlement is another by product of belief in "god" that all adherents to religions seemed obsessed with. Your assertion that atheists want "god to do something", is faulty understanding of what an atheist wants. An atheist has removed all concenpt of 'god' from his mind. Some, await evidence( which no world religion offered ,offers or will offer), that SCIENCE MIGHT DISCOVER the source of life someday.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Cofty,

You asked: “Exjwslave - do you practice celibacy?”

No, I do not practice celibacy. I am a family man having a child too. By profession, I am an ordinary professor of philosophy in a University College. My wife is still a Regular Pioneer, however she is not as zealous as before, and finds no urgency of end-imminent-attitude. I have a feeling that she is planning to come off the RP list. Let us hope for the best.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

MadGiant

It seems you did not read my previous post (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/282507/1/God-listens-and-RESPONDS-to-your-prayer-if-you-know-how-to-log-on-to-Him-Here-is-the-proof#.U-xU9uOSwqM) If what happened to me was something like self-hypnosis, I could have done it earlier also. Why could I not?

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

AndDontCallMeShirley

You asked me in the beginning whether I consume alcohol. No, I have never tasted alcohol in my life. That was due to the influence of my grand-mother whose husband died young because of alcohol.

Amputees and the picture of famine-stricken children in Africa or any other aspects of suffering your may bring it up—they are all proof of mismanagement of man, not the proof of non-existence of God. Interestingly, God has no need to prove His existence, because He doesn’t need anybody’s praise—in fact He can never be praised nor reproached as he ALWAYS does good. He gives a perfect start to humanity, humans in turn mismanage it. God will again give another perfect start! If only man learns how to build friendly relationship with neighbours, what better security he can have. Mammoth expense on war-machinery could have been diverted into constructing palaces for every man on earth!

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Hairtrigger

You say: “Your assertion that atheists want "god to do something", is faulty understanding of what an atheist wants. An atheist has removed all concept of 'god' from his mind.

Atheism is a platform when members have removed all concept of ‘god’ from their mind. But most of the them reach this platform from the reasoning that ‘if God existed, he would have done something to remove the suffering. He is not doing anything about it, hence God doesn’t exist.’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit