Atheists and JWs are on the same footing!

by exWTslave 130 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJS
    DJS

exWTSlave,

Everything that has spewed off of your fingertips regarding atheists has been proven wrong many times on this forum. Either you can't read or you are braindead (LisaRose can I say braindead?). The happiest, most functional, most ethical, most educated and most intelligent states, countries and regions are more likely to be atheist or secular rather than relgious. We have presented empirical data regarding this on numerous occasions. Every few weeks it seems a theist spews such nonsense. I have ignored this OP - and you- until now.

One more time WT: The more religious a state, country or region is, the more likely it is be be dysfunctional, poorly educated, less intelligent and less happy than areas which are more secular and atheistic. I have tons of data supporting this. Wanna see it? Would it matter? Feeler/Beilevers, I mean Theists, tire me. Annoy me. Bore me. You were trapped by the Borg because of your tendency to Feel/Believe. You remain trapped.

There are 3 more rungs on the evolutionary ladder for homo sapiens that you need to climb, but you seem to be happy with the chimps (LisaRose can I say chimps?), who feel and believe. Just like you.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Lol, yes, you can say brain dead and chimps.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

This philosopher got his stone in India. His scrambled logic bear traces of Hinduish reflections, but the dead giveaway is his faulty syntax and diction - peculiar to learners of English as a second or third language in that country.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Conversely, No belief in God, means there is deep sadness within arising from having no real purpose in life. That sadness gives him pain. This pain will be transmitted to the people around him knowingly or unknowingly. Can't help. That is the inevitable outcome of having no belief in the existence of God.

You have a degree in philosophy in much the same way I am the first person the live on Mars.

Plus, despite your ignorant ramblings otherwise, I have a purpose in life.

• Laika
    Laika

ExWTslave has said he was an elder 2 years ago, sorry but you don't go from being an elder to a college professor of philosophy in 2 years!

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

exWTslave

See the BAUTY of saying things pleasantly—we have to learn from those who believe in God such as Ruby456; jgnat and KateWild. This shows we have to” invent God if he doesn’t exist!” There is an automatic serenity in their expressions!

It's sad when people stop believing in the existence of God, automatically their humaneness disappear.

speaking of beauty - I met two witnesses yesterday - the pioneer had the most beautific expression on her face. She said "yesterday it rained on everyone except me because I'd been on the ministry all day" (the tail end of hurricane Bertha had been repeatedly chucking it down every hour or so). "The only time it rained on me", she said, "was when I decided to go home in the evening - then it poured".

Believe me she looked as happy and light as an angel. I quickly started talking about climate change and global warming because she seemed to want to talk to me and because a specific weather pattern is holding sway over us (edit: being specific with Jehohahs witnesses always works). Oh she said I'm not afraid of climate change cause Jehovah can control the weather for his people.

I replied that it is still interesting to understand what is driving the weather now isn't it? she said yes of of course. We then had such an interesting discussion about melting arctic ice and her partner who looked more down to earth chipped in with points she'd read in newspapers. Near the end of the conversation the angelic looking witness asked "do you think Jehovah used melting arctic ice to cause the flood?" her partner nodded yes vigorously so I said of course he would have done but remember that our earth has had lots of floods from melting ice because the planet has heated and cooled over millions of years before the period in which we live. It started raining hard again so we fled for cover in different directions. I hope she doesn't think Jehovah was punishing her for stopping to talk to me about climate change. The sky had become ominously dark and forboding and I absolutely love this sort of atmospheric weather.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

btw exWTslave I agree that people have to invent god if he doesn't exist even if it is a kind of shorthand for forces that gave rise to the peculiar uniformity of the observable universe (inflation theory for example, (Andrew Norton 2008 taking his cue from Alan Guth 1981)). It is from this perspective that one can express agreement in a conversation with Jehovahs witnesses when they say Jehovah did it. just offering this clarification to my post above.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I have searched the internet for the credentials of exWTslave. The above diploma awarded to him shows that he is indeed qualified to speak about and present arguments on any 'half assed idea' that pops into his head. Please refrain from helping him to see matters in a clear and logical manner. His education, intellect and personal experience preclude anyone posting here from being able to see things in quite the same manner that he does.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Aaah, the beatific expression from spiritual marination. I know it well. I met a pentecostal lady in our small town who carried that expression constantly. She gave testimony that the weeds have purpose too, that they give a unique beauty to her yard. This revelation gave her so much joy. Her boy, starting to get in trouble with the law. Her husband, a marginally employed selfish jerk. He claimed to be a self-treated schizophrenic, and that he could control the weather with a snap of his fingers. But in prayer and in spirit, she remained unassailable.

My hubby managed to exchange key chains with the husband without him even noticing. I did not notice myself until a few days later.

Sometimes I love my hubby so much....

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, the face of a true believer, a self satisfied expression, eyes glazed over, complete indifference to the cares of this world, their ticket has been punched, they are assured a seat on the holy chariot.

I see no difference between that and any other escapism that people indulge in, including drinking, gambling, promiscuity, over eating or excessive working. They cannot deal with their life situation, so they live in a fantasy world, the mind fills in the blanks with a truth that allows them to not face uncomfortable reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit