Atheists and JWs are on the same footing!

by exWTslave 130 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Que the "It is fine that I slap you because when I stop it will feel good to you" defence in 3, ... 2, ....

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Bugbear,

If you do not know WHAT to eat, WHEN to eat and HOW to eat, you will experience something like a natural calamity in your physical body. Similarly, if people are careless about exploitation of the nature, natural calamities will result. You may Please check these links:

http://www.debate.org/opinions/are-most-natural-disasters-man-made-today

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_humans_cause_natural_disasters

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Atheists believe that God should stop the large-scale injustice on earth

nonsensical statement

Atheist do not believe in any gods .... period

An a agnostic may have that assumption

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Atheists believe that God should stop the large-scale injustice on earth; if he does'nt, then He does not exist.
    JWs believe that God will intervene sometime in the “last days”!" - Ex

Here is the problem. Atheism is the absence of belief in the existence of gods. The word stems from the Greek a- meaning "without", and theos meaning "god". Theos includes the Abrahamic YHWH(s), Zeus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and every other deity from A to Z (and 0-9, !, ", #, $ or any other character, obviously).

The "argument" you described in the OP is made to force believers to challenge their believes and use logic. Not all gods are believed to be omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent, or even any of the three. Many gods are morally flawed, actively evil, or merely indifferent, and many are not all-powerful. The logical problem of evil doesn't apply to these gods, though the evidential problem of evil may still apply. This agrees with the point of the problem of evil, that the existence of an flawed, evil, indifferent, or non-omnipotent entity would be compatible with reality, while the existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent entity would not.

Think about it, the problem of evil takes many forms. A god would be able to prevent evil and suffering. Evil and suffering exist. Therefore, the assumption of a god, any god is false.

I already know, their is no evidence to support the existence of a god, any god. The purpose of the argument it to make you THINK.

Ismael

edit: what Finkelstein said.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Dear Madgiant,

What I posted is also for thinking, not to prove any point.

If evil and suffering exist, it only shows evil and suffering exist--that's all, it will not prove God does not exist.

If beard exists, it proves someone has chosen to grow beard--it doesn't prove a barber does not exist

Similarly,

If evil and suffering exist, it proves man has chosen evil and its resultant suffering! He is not in the habit of learning from experience--his or of others. Otherwise things such as anger and alcohol .... would have long disappeared from the surface of the earth. Because things such as them prove more mischievous than the things one is angry about, or grapples with.

• cofty
    cofty

If evil and suffering exist, it only shows evil and suffering exist--that's all, it will not prove God does not exist.

It does prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the god of christian theism, the god and father of Jesus christ, does not exist.

If evil and suffering exist, it proves man has chosen evil and its resultant suffering

A tsunami is not caused by human choice...

• bohm
    bohm

exWTslave: If evil and suffering exist, it proves man has chosen evil and its resultant suffering!

This is one of the worst arguments I have ever seen. Who is "man"? What proof?

If your posts on this thread reflect your best effort to present a rational argument and engage the counterpoints I am honestly puzzled what the world seems like to you.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Speaking for myself, It's not that I do not see the reasons to believe in God, I simply do not see the evidence.There are alot of reasons why I should believe in God.

1. It would please most people,more importantly, my family.

2. It would give me a hope to live beyond this life.

3. I could have a relationship with a GOD.

4. I could have a personal self therapy with prayer.

5. I could have a simple answer to why something happened or didnt happen. God's will.

6. If I ever won anykind of award I would know who to thank.

All great reasonsto believe in a Supreme Being and , to be honest, I wish I could look past the biggest hurdle that exists (for me) and that is the lack of scientific and tested: EVIDENCE.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

ex current WT slave: Otherwise things such as anger and alcohol .... would have long disappeared from the surface of the earth.

You seem to have a personal gripe with alcohol. You do realize fermentation of sugars to alcohol is a naturally occuring process created by your alleged god, do you not?

I have a question for you, CurrentWTslave: What was Jesus first miracle?*

Answer that question then attempt another rant about alcohol, if you dare.

--

* not that I believe it, just using the Bible-thumping Christian's own book to prove the idiocy of their arguments.

• cofty
    cofty

Theredeemer - I think that is an important point that believers like exwtslave miss. Atheists don't want to give up belief in god and eternal life. It's difficult and painful to abandon certainties.

It's just that some of us have the courage an intellectual honesty to face up to the evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit