Atheists and JWs are on the same footing!

by exWTslave 130 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Atheists believe that God should stop the large-scale injustice on earth; if he does'nt, then He does not exist.
    JWs believe that God will intervene sometime in the “last days”!

Interestingly, both throw themselves on their own expectation of soemthing God should or will do, yet in fact something God DOES NOT HAVE TO DO. Victimizer is actually the creation of the victim. For example, take the samples from history. In India the religiously and politically influential/higher caste put the lower caste into slavery, and consequently Great Britain put India into slavery. Japan bombed Pearl Harbor that invited bombing of that country….. This is true in the micro level also—individuals. When an individual behaves egoistically, he sows the seed for resistance from others.

People fall in love with EGO (Edging God Out) which provides a fertile ground for conflict in micro and macro (nationalism) level, hence for the greatest ARMS industry which will ultimately destroy the earth. AFTER man destroys the earth, then only God’s role of RECREATION begins.

This is what history is: Creation-Destruction-Recreation

This is what law of nature is: Generation-Decay-Regeneration

Man CHOOSES the action—Nature DETERMINES the effect!

(This means, after the recreation if man chooses to nourish and cherish the creation, it will continue,;and if he chooses to destroy it, he will destroy it! God will come ONLY to RECREATE AFTER man destroys it, not in between)

• cofty
    cofty

Atheists believe that God should stop the large-scale injustice on earth; if he does'nt, then He does not exist.

No rational atheist believes any such thing.

The problem of theodicy is an insurmountable one for thesits.

Your description is of a deity that is worse than useless. There is nobody to recreate the world if we destroy it so we better get it right.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Cofty,

You will find many links where atheists proudly proclaiming there is no God because He does'nt stop suffering on earth.

Here are some:

http://infidels.org/library/modern/bruce_russell/intervene.html

http://creation.com/why-is-there-death-and-suffering

• bohm
    bohm

Interestingly, both throw themselves on their own expectation of soemthing God should or will do, yet in fact something God DOES NOT HAVE TO DO.

Suppose you came to a remove village in india and the people of the village told you the greatest, wealthiest, most generous man lived on top of the mountain who loved every single one of the villagers. Now you noticed the infant mortality of the village was very high because their well was to shallow and the water contaminated by surface polution; the villagers are aware of this but they do not have the 500$ required to dig a new well. So you ask them:

You: Why dont you try to ask the wealthy, generous man on the mountain who love all of you? Surely he will pay.

We did! We ask him every year for the past 5 years

You: but why did he not loan you the money?

Well, noone ever saw the man on the mountain, but we left notes that we know he has seen, he just havent helped us yet.

You: Are you really sure he is there? If he knew about your pleight, and he was very wealthy and very loving, certainly he would lend you money or give you a new well

Villagers: HE DOES NOT HAVE TO. Why do you bring your own expectations into the discussion?

That is what this discussion looks like. Oh, and I dont blame the invisible generous man on the mountain or try and boss him around, I just don't think he is there.

• nugget
    nugget

It is a common mistake to try to generalise any group of people and state what all of them believe or espouse.

• Mikado
    Mikado

it's a funny thing, I have never told a Christian what they believe in, why do people insist on telling me what I believe ? or more relevantly what I don't believe?

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

bohm

What you said FIRST applies to humans.

When millions starve, why the Governments spend trillions of money on destructive purposes, why some eat in star hotels, why some dwell in palaces, why some waste money on smoking, alcohol …….. list goes endless. If only man could avoid wastages, everyone on earth can reside in palaces. If human changes their attitude, within days all the problems of earth could be solved.

• bohm
    bohm

exWTslave: What you said FIRST applies to humans.

...and to invisible loving man on mountain, and to invisible loving man in the sky... as best as I can tell you just accepted my point and now try to go with special pleading.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

ex.WT.slave..

I am sorry to say you got it all wrong. The very basic for un atheist is: There is no reason to believe in an supernatural god!!!

your say qoute:" If human changes their attitude, within days all the problems of earth could be solved."

well you got a lot of problems left. Things like tsunamies, pestilence, earthqueke, voulcano eruptions, viruses (ebola), firestorms a.s.f. Did your god create them as well?

Bugbear

• cofty
    cofty

exwtslave - In common with many people of faith you seem to have a problem with basic logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit