JWs getting "Footloose" at the Kingdom Hall

by AndDontCallMeShirley 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Personally, I am all for having a little fun with it.. "Why should the devil have all the best tunes?" as William Booth said when he founded the Sally Ann. but really...in a Kingdom Hall that is dedicated to worship? I am just surprised that they did this. It must have been sanctioned at a high level if part of the Convention planning.

Is it just me, or does the one from Texas look vaguely camp??

• losingit
    losingit

Wow. Now that there have been more responses to the OP and the video, I understand why so many are outraged and shocked by this dance. I hope all of us are able to move forward after being in this cult/ abusive relationship.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

"Yee...Ha... - It's Party Time" - - - beats any Yeartext in the KH.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Great, now I'll probably miss a days work because of

JAW DROP INJURY !

or if FOCUS was still here I guess it would be the

JAW DROP CLASS

• TD
    TD

Marked to show my wife later.

Thanks!!!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Can they count time for these rehearsals?

• rebel8
    rebel8

That is so bizarre.

Also, that line dancing did not deserve all that hollering. It wasn't that good.

The only reason they're so excited about it is because they are not used to seeing each other have fun. It's like seeing your boss drunk at the xmas party.

So there's my snarky post of the day.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Can they count time for these rehearsals?

It's all considered sacred service doing the "Lord's work" in these "momentous" Last Days. Of course they count the time! Anything to avoid actual witnessing.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Flashback to 1994. I am still a true-blue elder, but I am starting to see some things about the dysfuction in the JW religion that is making me doubt that God would pick this religion to be the one true religion. All fun has been taken out of the religion in the name of "no large gatherings". No more Congregation gatherings, no more organizing sport games to play, etc. If people have any fun at all, it's in small groups and you keep it quiet, because someone will no doubt get offended by what you did.

Flashforward back to 2014. Out of all the changes in beliefs & practices of JW's in the last 20 years, the thing that would have shocked me seeing the most would be if someone told me back then......in 20 years from now you will see a video avaiable for the whole world to see of 5 JW brothers dressed in country&western clothes on the KH stage doing a line dance to Footloose with sisters in the audience hollering like they are at a male stripper show.

I agree with ADCMS.....we probably haven't seen nothing yet. GB 2.0 is probably just getting warmed up!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Barn Dancing from the OK Corral -----> Now available to watch at your local Kingdom Hall. ????? lollolololol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit