JWs getting "Footloose" at the Kingdom Hall

by AndDontCallMeShirley 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT is becoming more mainstream everyday. How long before they have church Kingdom Hall bake sales, garage sales and Wednesday Night Bingo to raise funds???

WT- condemned yet again by its own words:

*** w10 5/1 p. 31 What is a Kingdom Hall? ***

"So the name Kingdom Hall, which was coined in the 1930’s, appropriately describes the purpose of these buildings — to promote true worship and serve as a hub for the preaching of the "good news of the kingdom." (Matthew 24:14) Thus, Kingdom Halls are not used for social or commercial activities."

*** w91 12/1 p. 19 par. 13 Practicing Pure Religion for Survival ***

"Jehovah’s Witnesses respect their Kingdom Halls and larger Assembly Halls as places dedicated to Jehovah’s worship. Unlike many churches of Christendom, Kingdom Halls are not social clubs."

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

sparky1: During our meeting with the Elders I said to the Elder that had been dancing that 'he was involved too' and so 'what about his conduct?'. His answer to my question was "I only did it a little bit".

Now why can't a publisher use this same lame-assed excuse in a judicial committee to get out of apostasy charges, fornication, or any other "sin"?

elder: "did you commit fornication?"

publisher: "yes....but "I only did it a little bit".

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

OMG!!!! This is friggin unbelievable. Some of the newer ones in may not understand why some of us "oldies" find this so out of the norm for what is allowed at a KH. It's not that we are "just hatin'", we are in total disbelief that this would be allowed. We, who were around in the 1960's and 70's, who grew up with such strict rules, and all the whooping and hollering by the females at the males dancing, man, that would have been cause for DFing! I think they are so desparate now to attract and keep any younger ones that they are allowing so much more than ever before. I know if my elder dad and uncles and the long gone old time elders from my hall back then would see this, they would be shaking their heads and rolling over in their graves! I do think it is really funny though, Witnesses always look so stiff when they are trying to have normal fun

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I'm glad their having a good time. Good for them. In the areas where they've held international conventions in the States, the local JWs are filled with unbridled enthusiasm which was somewhat disturbing.

I wonder how long until they start local choirs.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Wow! If I was going to get married soon, and want my OWN music, you KNOW who would be arguing WHAT!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

cha ching From what I have read on other recent threads, your own choice of "worldly" music at a wedding is still a NO NO. I remember hating the goofy song I walked down the aisle to.

• baltar447
    baltar447

It's the story of a great hero Kevin Bacon who defeats ultimate evil with the power of dancing!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

OMFG!!! Are you f'n kidding me?!?! What the hell is going on in this religion? Not only have they gone bat-shit crazy, but the JW religion as also gone apostate. This new GB led religion of JW's is the old apostate kingdom of Israel. The calls from the women in the audience was like women watching male strippers. I couldn't watch it all, and am actually feeling sick from watching what I did. Believe me.....I am not a fuddy-duddy, but this is just most shocking to me when you consider how strict and holy things were considered up until I left in 1995. Many people went through a whole lot of BS over very minor entertainment issues in this cult. Good that they are "footloosing" things up some, but something like this does not belong in the KH.

5 guys dressed like cowboys dancing to Footloose inside the KH on the platform with the women in the audience giving cat calls? I have seen everthing now. Allowing fun or no fun......to me it's just another example of the Watchtower flip-flopping on beliefs. No matter how you dress it.....it's a cult.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

For 2015: JW women dancing around giant phallic symbols, "sacred poles". JW men will still be required to "Footloose" until they get new light.

Alpha Man: I have seen everthing now

Oh, I firmly believe we haven't seen anything yet. This is just the beginning of WT's secularization of itself.

Get ready for fund raising events like KH Bake Sales, garage sales, and Bingo Night. Some may view this statement as far-fetched, but all one has to do is look at what WT has historically condemned other religions for doing...then eventually ends up doing the very same thing.

• clarity
    clarity

Fun is fun, but given the history...this is just HIPPOCRASY!

Thumbing their noses at the long line of those doggedly faithful

slaves! All those years, all that self denial, all that obedience!

HA!

The only ones who could be glad about this switch,

are the younger jws.......and that is the point!

Watchtower is standing on its head to try to hold them in!

The floodgates have been opened & the new line now is...

"have the time of your life"!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit