Do You Support Illegal Aliens Coming Into The USA As They Have This Past Year?

by minimus 83 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

Anyone remember the 3 Stooges, My Little Refugees clip?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Are you blind to the numbers? By proportion Canada is taking in more refugees than the US and we cover their health care. By the way, without immigration Canada would be in negative population growth, with the corresponding downward spiralling economy. Newcomers just don't come to a country and put their hand out. They work, dream, buy food, housing, and their first car. Oh yeah. They pay taxes too.

I know this city would be in big trouble if we sent the immigrants home. Who would serve us our fast food? Nearly all the doctors here are immigrants. We have a major labour shortage here.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Let Canada take even more! I don't care if Canadian culture is destroyed. People like me, a dedicated liberal political activists, are saying pull in the reins. Control the border. There are some solutions. We can't even discuss them in the US b/c our political system is gridlocked. It is not the past. Canada can have the Statute of Liberty.

Groups are successfully integrating in America and adding positive attributes to our culture. Hail some NYC taxis all by yourself and your opinion might change as you fear for your very life.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Mexico is a Zero Tolerance of Illegal Immigration even though they are the worst offenders in the United States ,Spain and France. People assume the United States is the only land where jobs once given to teenagers, unskilled labor and decent jobs are being absorbed by Latin America, there's a interesting number in Spain (+ 20% Unemployement Official, Unofficial is near 30%). Sorry, France is Unemployment rate for unskilled is +40%

In 1970s most construction jobs were done by High School graduates and skilled labor, same with Landscaping, Restraunts, and now they are moving to all parts of the unskilled labor force. This has been a blow to African Americans where the Unemployment Rate and Low Wages pushed down by Republican Forces because they are the reason Illegal Immigration is a big issue. They crave, No, there Junkies of cheap low-skilled labor, look at how greedy Meg Whitman HPQ's CEO and other Republi-con-men are with this Hot Topic Issue. There is no solution, we need to look at Canada's Model to get things under control!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

The United States loves to show off the Statue of Liberty to the world as proof of its open arm policy to immigrants from all over the world. But we forget how hypocritical we have been and continue to be.

To an immigrant or refugee the concept of whether they are "legal" or "illegal" has no bearing. Far more important is "being alive" or "being dead." They do not come here to "destroy America" or "steal American jobs," but rather to find food, shelter and safety.

The first Irish influx was due to the great potato famines. The Irish literally lived on potato soup. No potatoes, no soup. No soup, they die. They met with the same type of hatred and discrimination as the blacks and indians did. (See "Gangs of New York" by Martin Scorcese). They would get off the boat and many of the men were immediately conscripted into fighting in the Union army. For many, putting their lives on the line meant at least two meals a day and a clean uniform to wear and their families could stay.

Prior to World War 2 America turned back dozens of refugee ships filled with Jewish families trying to escape the Nazi purges and concentration camps. Like we are doing now with the Central American kids, we turned the ships around and sent them back and many of those innocent families died in camps or were shot as soon as they landed back on German soil. ("Voyage of the Damned.")

America's hands are not as welcoming as we love to portray. Many innocents have been sent back to their countries because they were "too sick, too poor, too crippled," or their skin was too dark. That is the case with the Central American kids. They are "too old, too sick, just more illegal Mexicans, and too needy."

Americans should be ashamed. What has happened to our empathy - or do we even have any left? What if situations were reversed and our kids were in danger? Would you be satisfied to just stay where you are and let the kidnappers or death squads just come and do their nasty deeds? Or would you try to escape - or at least get your kids out of harm's way?

Those of us in the United States know who is behind this anti-Central American immigrant movement. While they may win the moment, the tide will eventually turn and eventually some balance will be found to deal with these problems.

JV

• jgnat
    jgnat

*smile* considering all Canadians are closer to their immigrant roots and we have embraced a mosaic culture rather than a melting pot, I think our culture will do just fine. It broadens the cuisine at our local mart.

Considering how cosmopolitan New York is, I am surprised at the fear.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Legal immigrants are backlogged 8-15 years. These people are contributing to American society, paying their taxes, playing by the book yet cannot get a g-card despite having lived here for 10years or more! Legally. They were invited into the country by the U.S govt. One reason is that each renewal of their EAD's and travel documents fetches the USCIS around 1300 bucks. ( $750 for an EAD, and $500 for a travel doc.) Multiply that by about 1 million legal immigrants, from China , India and Mexico ( three countries whose immigrant lists are retrogressed 5 years or more ) and it is easy to see why. In addition to paying taxes they have to shell out 1300+ dollars every two years.

Yet nobody has even mentioned this anywhere. Meanwhile the Left is bending over backwards to grant amnesty to 20 million + illegals. So, is the moneys from legal aliens being used to fund the needs of the illegals?

• Terry
    Terry
    Legal Aspects of Canadian immigration policy

This program seeks individuals who will have the highest chances of providing positive input into the Canadian economy.

By example, the New Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) measures the capabilities of individuals who are required to meet a passing mark, in order to have their application accepted.

The passing mark currently is 67 out of a 100 in six categories: education, work experience, language, age, arranged employment, and adaptability (such as any previous work or education acquired within Canada).

The FSWP program in 2011 admitted more than 57, 000 immigrants alongside their spouses and any other dependent individuals.

This program is effective and most successful method of skilled labour immigrating to Canada legally.

• prologos
    prologos

terry, but there is another Canadian legal program of low skill, but valued labor, domestic workers, health /senior/care givers and workers in food industry. they can then, after 2 years , apply for permanent residency and bring in their family and then get new Citizen status. work permits turning into citizen papers.

hairtrigger: the Us has small quotas for countries like germany, sweden,---etc, that traditionally made up the bulk of legal immigration. this lopsided idea created these 10 year waiting times. wake up America.

melting pot vs. multi-cultural difference? Immigrant groups that do not integrate will start voting in blocks, overwhelm the so-called ethnic - neutral voter numbers.

The spanish influence has underwhelmed the US public that way. teach your kids spanish to get a federal job, just like the linups, camping for days in front of some Canadian French immersion schools.

melting pot? for the faint hearted.

I wish I could re-live the exiting feeling of starting a new high achiever life in a safer country.

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

@designs:

I'm fine with you paying for them. As a matter of fact, I have no problem with the Worlds ragged wretches moving to your state, in their entirety. As long you and your ilk pay form them. I don't want you voting in your leftist twits that will pursue a policy of having me pay for their consciences. I do not believe in a "greater community" that I am personally responsible for. If you do, that is very noble of you. However, it is only noble if you, and only you and your kind, are willing to accept the entire burden.

BTW, when the apochalypse finally comes, people like me are going to eat people like you on a stick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit