Do You Support Illegal Aliens Coming Into The USA As They Have This Past Year?

by minimus 83 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

I think it's hurting the country.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No! We no longer have open frontiers in this country. There is not the infrastructure to support the illegal immigrants. We need educated immigrants to contribute to our society. When all American born children receive an excellent education, we should revisit illegal immigration. I never thought I would hold these positions. My family immigrated from Northern Europe. They learned English. Integration in American society was their goal. The Spanish option on phones infuriates me. It should be English, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Viet Namese, etc. and Spanish. American culture will die soon.

I did some work for undocumented workers. Frankly, I don't know enough to form an opinion. These are my gut feelings. The great years of immigration heraleded by the Statute of Liberty have passed. Why we can't close our borders better is beyond me.

• minimus
    minimus

agreed

• designs
    designs

We have not heard much from the Central American countries and Mexican on a comprehensive plan to help their people at home.

All have serious problems with major Drug Cartels, but certain people in the US are buyers and trafficers so the problem persists.

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, "the greatest country on earth" want's to close it's door to some child refugees escaping some of THE most dangerous places on earth that are that way in no small part because of the demand from illegal drugs in the US.

"Pull the ladder up after you" is it?

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

• designs
    designs

Let the Irish in last then pull up the rope....

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

First off, this "crisis" is not a new one as been shown in the press. I live in S. Texas and can tell you that this has been going on for decades. 18 wheelers, buses and vans stuffed with immigrants dead and alive have been found since I can remember. Not to mention the thousands that are caught on foot or found dead in the wilderness. The ones that do make it,oddly enough, actually work hard and many do not leech off the system as many Americans do. However, they do recieve free health care from many hospitals but many offer free healthcare to any poor.

The true crisis is the drug violence that is spilling over from cartels on both sides. Until this brutal violence is fought the amount of immigrants crossing over will continue to rise. Using Fed troops or even State troops to stand gaurd at the border is not the answer. These people are desperate to escape the violence and brutality going on over there and in the Texas Valley that the news ignores. Desperation makes people to do desperate things.

• jam
    jam

Maybe we should look to Canada's immigration sucess.

www.ottawacitizen.com

• Terry
    Terry

It all comes down to how you frame the issue.

There are needy people all over the world; billions of them and a great many are children.

Starving people in 3rd world countries procreate knowing in advance they cannot care for their young.

Catholic countries are forbidden to practice safe sex or birth control or risk Hellfire.

Corrupt officials take bribes and look the other way instead of wiping out drug cartels.

Areas where there is widespread disease and slave labor are in the clutches of Tyrants, Fascists and Psychopaths who

steal donations contributed by humanitarian efforts. Money, food, clothing, modern appliances are stolen and sold on the black market

instead of being distributed.

Do I support any of the above CAUSES of children pouring across our Southern borders? Of course not.

Until you stop the CAUSES you will reap the EFFECTS.

"If you feed a person a fish you've solved the hunger problem for a day. If you teach a hungry person to fish, you feed them for a lifetime."

The failures of Religion, Politics, Military and Social institutions cannot be solved merely by dealing with the EFFECTS and groaning about CAUSES.

Here is what I propse.

All those who are FOR accepting refugees should be willing to take refugees into their homes and agree to care for them personally.

All those who merely give lip service but who are unwilling to give hands on help (meaningful help) are fooling themselves.

Jehovah's Witnesses make a lot of GRAND statements about, love, compassion and charity, but DO NOTHING PRACTICAL to back it up.

I'm at an age I am tired of jaw-jacking and no back up.

Any two people can complain, harangue, debate and pontificate on both sides of these issues. Until we actually DO SOMETHING personally--we are just background noise.

It is like complaining about politics while refusing to vote.

It is like talking about health and refusing to exercise.

It is like complaining about being fat and refusing to diet.

EMPTY WORDS produce nothing but discord.

You asked and I've answered.

My ex-wife and I sponsored a young orphan girl for many years. We were allowed to bring her home on weekends from St. Theresa's in Fort Worth.

A great amount of damage had been done to her by the time she was nine and had been abandoned.

Sometimes no matter how much positive input you pour in AFTER the damage has been done--it is too late.

I'm not sorry we tried, I'm sorry we failed to make a difference.

I'm all for people who TRY.

• jam
    jam

OP-ED The key to Canada's immigration success..By Irene Bloemraad..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit