The Trinity Is A False Doctrine!

by non_trias_theos 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Will Power
    Will Power
    "There are no facts, only interpretations."
    - Nietzsche

Aren't the way of the philosophers the way of the devil? Aren't they the ones that came up with this who trinity thang?
    Seems you like their reasoning tho.

Back to 1925, if I could clarify.
    I could try and prove a false prophecy, (prediction that did not come true i.e. world ends in 1914 or ancient worthies arrive in 1925) by a prophet in a sense, (one who predicts i.e. Miss Cleo, Jean Dixon, Jack Van Impe, weatherman) or by a more respected group that has an exclusive relationship with the one true god they call Jehovah GB/writing staff of WT society by choosing out-of-context & incomplete quotes as worked in SYBTriniy.
    Would you be satisfied that I was speaking the truth?
    Would it be an accurate description of the WT society's prophetic record?

oooops
    Then I realized I did not have to stoop but could cite the articles verbatim to show predictions that did not come true by God's exclusive mouthpiece.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

I have been reading with much interest...

Yadira

PS I need to save it so it can be sent to my juno; I didn't mean to interrupt.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Dakota Red said > But, before you go off on all the trinitarian shallow arguments, why not stick to how Jesus can call another the only true God and he also be God, but there is still only one God.

Well, DR, we have 3 people called Jehovah God in the BIble and a clear understanding that God is ONE. So either the Bible is full of contradictions, or the ONE GOD is 3 Persons. I dont really think there are other choices. If you have a moment, look over this link. Just scroll down and see in the NWT, all the titles and attributes that are reserved for Jehovah God only, and how they are spoken of about Jesus. http://www.jude3.net/JWDOC.HTM

DK wrote>Just show me the scripture where he plainly stated he was God. And I would also appreciate seeing what scripture used ho theos in relation to Jesus.

Jesus claimed to be 'The Son of God' and for the time period He was speaking in, it was equivalent to calling himself God. ''I am God' is a modern English statement, and not necessarily what we might see 2,000 years ago. What we do see however, is that Jesus made the claim to be the Son of God, and the Pharisees knew exactly what He meant!

(John 5:18) For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Pretty clear to me. Doesnt seem like a 'shallow' argument to me.

Thanks for the friendly debate :)

Penn

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    OK, Jesus is called Ho Theos in Matt 1:23, John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8. He is called almighty God in Rev 1:8, 22:13. There cannot be two firsts and two lasts. The first and last in revelation says he was dead and is alive again. Did Jehovah die?Have a look and get back to me.

Okay, until I get further research done, here is what I have come up with so far. The Society’s Kingdom Interlinear (yes, I still use it on occasion) shows the existence of the Greek ho at Matthew 1:23 with the English underneath as “With us the God.”

Don’t jump too quick, though. When I look to Wilsons Emphatic Diaglott (published now by the Watchtower, but written and researched long before they got ahold of it and to the best of my knowledge, untouched by them) shows the word ho bracketed, as if it were an addition. "23 Lo, the virgin in womb shall have, and shall bear a son, and they shall call the name of him Emmanuel; which is being translated, with us [the] a God.)" Sorry, but I cannot do the Greek characters. He does include a footnote to verse 23, “Vatican Manuscript--23, a God.”

But, if you will go back to the quote I gave from Professor Buzzard, he stated, “The words ho theos (i.e. the one God), used absolutely, are nowhere with certainty applied to Jesus.” He goes on to say,” The word Thomas used to describe Jesus in John 20:28 was indeed theos. But Jesus himself had recognized that the Old Testament called the judges ‘gods,’ when he referred in John 10:34 to Psalm 82:6: “Has it not been written in your law, ‘I said, You are gods’?” Theos (here in the plural, theoi) appeared in the Greek Septuagint version of the Old Testament as a title of men who represented the one true God

Jesus on no occasion referred to himself as God in the absolute sense. What precedent did Thomas have for calling Jesus “my God?” Without question, early Christians used the word god with a broader meaning than is customary today. “God” was a descriptive title applied to a range of authorities, including the Roman Emperor. It was not limited to its absolute sense as a personal name for the supreme Deity as we use it today. It is from the early Church that the Biblical words come to us, and it is from that New Testament environment that we must discover their meaning.”

I am emailing the author for further clarification as to this section of his book and will be more than pleased to share it with you when I get a reply.

As for Jesus being called almighty God in Rev. 1:8 and 22:13, both are hotly contested as to their exact meaning, as I am sure you realize. Concerning Revelation, Professor Buzzard says on pages 134 & 135: “As Messiah, Jesus, the accredited representative of the Creator, is honored in association with the One God, his Father (Rev. 5:12, 13). But he also joins the saints in the Lamb’s song of praise to the Father (Rev. 15:3). He is the beginning and the end of God’s great plan of salvation (Rev. 1:17). Yet he died (Rev. 1:18), a fact which plainly means he cannot be God since God cannot die. Only the Almighty is God Himself. In Revelation 1:8 the Father is both the Alpha and Omega and the Lord God Almighty. The latter title is nowhere given to Jesus, despite the attempts of some red-letter Bibles to apply this verse to the Son, perpetuating the long-standing confusion of the Messiah with God. The risen Jesus actually receives a revelation from the Father (Rev. 1:1), demonstrating once again that the Son is not the omniscient God!”

Like I keep saying, to me it is cut and dried. You have the Bible speaking of only one God and Jesus calling the Father “The Only True God.” I cannot find any Bible that says different.

BTW Dakota Red, who is the Savior of the world?
    Here again, Penn, a hollow argument. Why? Even though God claims there is no Savior besides him, does not the scriptures continually state that he delegated authority to Jesus?

RSV Isaiah 43:11 I, I am the Lord, and besides me there is no savior.

On the surface, Trinitarians take this to mean Jesus has to be God as Jesus is also said to be savior. But, if you will read the context in Isaiah, you will see that God was speaking concerning false gods that Israel had turned to. As for Jesus also being savior:

RSV 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son as the Savior of the world.

RSV Acts 5:31 God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

RSV John 5:26-27
    26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
    27 and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.

RSV Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Clearly, man’s salvation has been delegated to Jesus, not something he, as God, already had. Ultimately, salvation comes through Jesus, as our mediator, but from God.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

You believe what these guys say, I believe what Jesus said. If the Father is the ONLY TRUE God, then by definition, Jesus is a false God. Not a lesser god, or God in a sense, but a false one. No squirming out of it. Also, Thomas called Jesus God Almighty, not a god in the Roman sense (since that is no god at all) but the true and only God. Even the JW's don't deny that (at least the ones I talked to) they just say things like 'Oh he was just startled' or some other nonsense.

Also.....

Basically Jehovah says there is no Savior besides Him. IN Isaiah He says He created everything by Himself. Either God is forgetful or has a serious case of apoplexy. (He hem, um remember God that Jesus was with you when you created the world? Surely you remember right?)

I think Bang said it best when he quoted 'Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.'

Judging by other posts, I didnt think you believed in the Bible Red. Do you?

Penn

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Well, DR, we have 3 people called Jehovah God in the BIble and a clear understanding that God is ONE. So either the Bible is full of contradictions, or the ONE GOD is 3 Persons. I dont really think there are other choices. If you have a moment, look over this link. Just scroll down and see in the NWT, all the titles and attributes that are reserved for Jehovah God only, and how they are spoken of about Jesus.

If you have 3 separate and distinct individuals called Jehovah God, then you have three Jehovah Gods. As for contradictions, yes, the Bible is full of them, but mostly, from man’s translating to suit his pet doctrines.

If the One God is three persons, you still have three and for a short period, there were only two. If each is fully God, then you have three Gods. It cannot add up any different. Then again, how is it possible for one third of God to call another the Only True God?

Jesus claimed to be 'The Son of God' and for the time period He was speaking in, it was equivalent to calling himself God. ''I am God' is a modern English statement, and not necessarily what we might see 2,000 years ago. What we do see however, is that Jesus made the claim to be the Son of God, and the Pharisees knew exactly what He meant!
    (John 5:18) For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
    Pretty clear to me. Doesnt seem like a 'shallow' argument to me.
    I have to disagree with you, Penn. Calling yourself the Son of God is not the equivalent to saying “I am God.” If you read around John 5:18, you will see that the Pharissees were looking for a reason to kill Jesus. It is the Jews that claimed Jesus was declaring himself God, not Jesus;

RSV John 5:19-24
    19 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever he does, that the Son does likewise.
    20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all that he himself is doing; and greater works than these will he show him, that you may marvel.
    21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will.
    22 The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,
    23 that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
    24 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life; he does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Again, from Professor Buzzards book, we read on page 276 and 277:

“It is customary for Trinitarians to assume that the hostile Jewish impression of Jesus’ words must be the correct one. Since they accused him of blasphemy and ‘making himself equal with God’ (John 5:18), it is maintained that Jesus must have been making a Trinitarian claim. It is unfair to assume that the Jews had properly evaluated Jesus’ words. If they had, there would have been no need for Jesus to justify himself further. He need only have repeated that he was in fact the Supreme God. In his much neglected response to the angry Jews (John 10:34 – 36) Jesus argues, ‘Since magistrates and judges are in Scripture expressly called ‘gods,’ it is unjust to charge me with blasphemy because I, whom the Father has appointed as the Messiah and therefore one greater than all kings, superior to all prophets, announce myself to be the Son of God, that is the Messiah, perfectly reflecting the will of my Father.’ Jesus links his own authority with that of the human ‘gods,’ whom God so designated (Psalm 82:1, 6). Granting that he was far superior to any previous ‘divine authority,’ a correct idea of his status is to be gained, so Jesus maintained, by considering that even Israelite leaders were entitled to be called ‘gods.’ Jesus is the highest human authority, fully and uniquely authorized by the Father.”

Son of God is not a declaration of being God.

RSV Genesis 6:2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose.

RSV Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

RSV Deuteronomy 32:8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of men, he fixed the bounds of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.

RSV Job 38:7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

RSV Psalms 82:6 I say, "You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;

RSV Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the people of Israel shall be like the sand of the sea, which can be neither measured nor numbered; and in the place where it was said to them, "You are not my people," it shall be said to them, "Sons of the living God."

In each of these instances, others are called Son of God, yet they were not accused of making themselves equal to God. I can see nowhere in the New Testament that the earlier meaning of Son of God was abandoned.

Thanks for the friendly debate :)
    I enjoy a friendly debate and discussion too. Sort of gets the cobwebs out of the head and gets me to researching again.
  • DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    You believe what these guys say, I believe what Jesus said. If the Father is the ONLY TRUE God, then by definition, Jesus is a false God. Not a lesser god, or God in a sense, but a false one. No squirming out of it.

If you are going to believe Jesus, that is great. But as to his being a false god? Many were referred to as gods throughout the Bible. Are they lesser gods or false too? You cannot place modern restrictive meanings on words today that did not carry those restrictive meanings when originally written. Too much confusion when you do that, in my opinion.

Also, Thomas called Jesus God Almighty, not a god in the Roman sense (since that is no god at all) but the true and only God. Even the JW's don't deny that (at least the ones I talked to) they just say things like 'Oh he was just startled' or some other nonsense.
    From a dub, I would expect no less as they usually don’t really research things and depend on the Trinity Brochure, which I found sorely lacking in meaty material.

Have you ever read the Book of Thomas? I find it interesting that he is accredited with discovering and realizing that Jesus is God, yet made absolutely no mention of that fact in the entire book he wrote about Jesus.

And, I have to disagree that Thomas called Jesus God Almighty. Yes, he used the words “my God,” but as I have already shown you, the word did not have the restrictive sense we place on it today.

The he was startled defense is quite shallow, if I do say so.

Also.....
    Basically Jehovah says there is no Savior besides Him. IN Isaiah He says He created everything by Himself. Either God is forgetful or has a serious case of apoplexy. (He hem, um remember God that Jesus was with you when you created the world? Surely you remember right?)
    Like I said, look at the context. God was discussing the false pagan gods that Israel had turned to. None of them could offer salvation nor were any of them involved in creation. But, the matter is cleared up in Hebrews;

RSV Hebrews 1:1-2
    1 IN MANY and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets;
    2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

I think Bang said it best when he quoted 'Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.'
    To be truthful, Penn, I have never believed in the trinity and I wasn’t raised a dub. I was married to a Catholic for 12 years who tried her level best to convince me of it and she failed. So, who would have revealed the fallacy of the trinity to me? I was raised in Church, Assembly of God, attending Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and such on a regular basis. I read and studied the Bible on a regular basis and always saw Jesus to be the Son, sent by the Father and taught by the Father, but not as God Himself.

Judging by other posts, I didnt think you believed in the Bible Red. Do you?
    I believe in the Bible in so far as it has been truthfully and accurately translated. I don’t believe there is a completely accurate translation, meaning one without personal bias in it. Accordingly, I utilize many translations, including the dubs, since I am neither a Greek nor a Hebrew scholar. If any one ever prints a completely unbiased and literal translation, I would purchase it immediately.
    So, yes, I do believe in the Bible, but also admit there are problems with the translations, all of them.
  • Will Power
    Will Power

If Jesus had said that He was God, his followers would have believed it. Then what would their idea of God be? That God was a man?

God isn't a man, God is the All. Not a singular entity, in one place and not another. God does not live in a house or a space station or on a star.
    Jesus said ..what do you mean when you say "Show us the Father"..you are looking at me, so you have seen the Father.
    When He talked about the Spirit that He would send...that would come after Him. They would see Him no more, but the Spirit would make sure they got everything right as He inspired the OT prophets, He also said that He would never leave them, that he'd be with them forever. Even when 2 or 3 are gathered in His name, He'd be there too, but you wouldn't see Him.

Jesus also said that even in the old days of Moses, Abraham, no one had seen the Father, no one can see God & live. Flesh does not belong in the Spirit world. It was the Word that testified that there is one true God. Jesus is the Word as John described. Without that revelation there is no known God, only alot of golden calves, and a god for every phenomenon that mean nothing. They were wasting their time. Nature is the way it is, stop worshipping it.

The Jews were bent on the "Law", they used it as a punishment, a yoke. That was not the intention. [maybe in those days they were too barbaric to understand anything else] They used it and the "books of the law" to keep themselves separate, shutting up the divine for only the elite.
    To fix this mess, enter a man, Jesus. [fore-told in the bible because even God knows how many hairs are on our heads right at this moment!]

Again: If Jesus had said that He was God, his followers would have believed it. [he sure performed alot of miracles] Then what would their idea of God be? That God was a man?

"It is in Him [Christ] that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily" Col 2:9 NWT
    "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."NASB

Sidebar: This letter from Paul written to all those who were at Colossae extended to those at Laodicea which was about 11 miles away.
    Russell said to be the rep from the Laodicea church described in Revelation 3:14, the lukewarm one. Funny how Paul had to correct
    Col 2:2-4
    ..."the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I say this so that no one will delude you with persuasive argument.....
    ...8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.
    9 For in Him all the fullness of Diety dwells in bodily form, and in 10 Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;...

Jer 17:10 I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the kidneys, even to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings"
    Rev 2:23 I, [Jesus] am he who searches the kidneys and hearts, and I will give you individually according to your deeds."

Well, it's late.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    If Jesus had said that He was God, his followers would have believed it. Then what would their idea of God be? That God was a man?

If he were in fact God, why wouldn’t he claim it? Plus, there would be no debate today about it, would there?

God isn't a man,

No, but Jesus was.

God is the All. Not a singular entity, in one place and not another. God does not live in a house or a space station or on a star.
    Jesus said ..what do you mean when you say "Show us the Father"..you are looking at me, so you have seen the Father.

Another contradiction?

RSV Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;

RSV Hebrews 1:3 He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

RSV John 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known.

RSV Exodus 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face; for man shall not see me and live."

When He talked about the Spirit that He would send...that would come after Him. They would see Him no more, but the Spirit would make sure they got everything right as He inspired the OT prophets, He also said that He would never leave them, that he'd be with them forever. Even when 2 or 3 are gathered in His name, He'd be there too, but you wouldn't see Him.
    I fail to see the relevancy of his being present, in spirit, with a trinity.

Jesus also said that even in the old days of Moses, Abraham, no one had seen the Father, no one can see God & live. Flesh does not belong in the Spirit world. It was the Word that testified that there is one true God. Jesus is the Word as John described. Without that revelation there is no known God, only alot of golden calves, and a god for every phenomenon that mean nothing. They were wasting their time. Nature is the way it is, stop worshipping it.
    How could God stop being God, another comes along that is God ( as would be the case as Jesus called Him the only True God) and yet, Jesus goes back to being God? What happened to the other one that jesus said was the only true God? There is only one God, remember? I read that as for all time, not just for 33 ½ years.

The Jews were bent on the "Law", they used it as a punishment, a yoke. That was not the intention. [maybe in those days they were too barbaric to understand anything else] They used it and the "books of the law" to keep themselves separate, shutting up the divine for only the elite.

To fix this mess, enter a man, Jesus. [fore-told in the bible because even God knows how many hairs are on our heads right at this moment!]
    Again: If Jesus had said that He was God, his followers would have believed it. [he sure performed alot of miracles] Then what would their idea of God be? That God was a man?

Thank you for saying “enter a man,” not God.

RSV John 1:45 Philip found Nathana-el, and said to him, "We have found him of whom Moses in the law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph."

You see, they were not looking for God or even a God man, but a man that would be sent by God.

"It is in Him [Christ] that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily" Col 2:9 NWT
    "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."NASB
    RSV Colossians 1:19 For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

NIV Colossians 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

KJV Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

NAS Colossians 1:19 For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fulness to dwell in Him,

As you can see, that fullness dwelled in him because it pleased the Father for it to.

Sidebar: This letter from Paul written to all those who were at Colossae extended to those at Laodicea which was about 11 miles away.
    Russell said to be the rep from the Laodicea church described in Revelation 3:14, the lukewarm one. Funny how Paul had to correct
    Col 2:2-4
    ..."the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I say this so that no one will delude you with persuasive argument.....
    ...8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.
    9 For in Him all the fullness of Diety dwells in bodily form, and in 10 Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;...
    You think this is Paul declaring Jesus to be God? Paul is doing no more than stating Jesus is the Messiah, not God. Remember, it too is Paul who wrote 1 Corinthians and stated that the Son was to be subjected to the Father after he turns over the kingdom to the Father.
    How can he declare Jesus to be God in one letter, but declare him to be subservient to God in another? Because he is not declaring Jesus God, but is declaring him the Son of God, the appointed representative, the mediator of God and man, just as scriptures say.

It is philosophy from Plato and Socrates that has brought us the trinity, not scripture. So, I encourage all to seek the true menaing of these scriptures throughout and not rely on one or two verses taken out of context to prove a doctrine that obviously does not hold up to critical thinking.

Jer 17:10 I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the kidneys, even to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings"

Rev 2:23 I, [Jesus] am he who searches the kidneys and hearts, and I will give you individually according to your deeds."

And still yet, none can explain how there is only one true God, declared by Jesus himself but they still believe Jesus to be that true God who called another the only True God and there remains only one God!

As for who searches kidneys and hearts:

RSV John 5:26-27
    26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself,
    27 and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.

RSV John 5:22 The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,

Jesus can do nothing of his own accord but does as the Father instructed him to do. As he also stated;

RSV John 4:34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me, and to accomplish his work.

RSV John 5:36 But the testimony which I have is greater than that of John; for the works which the Father has granted me to accomplish, these very works which I am doing, bear me witness that the Father has sent me.

RSV John 17:4 I glorified thee on earth, having accomplished the work which thou gavest me to do;

At Gods command, if you will, he is finishing the work started by God and granted him, by God, to accomplish. If he were God, why would anything have to be granted him?

• Will Power
    Will Power
    How could God stop being God, another comes along that is God ( as would be the case as Jesus called Him the only True God) and yet, Jesus goes back to being God? What happened to the other one that jesus said was the only true God? There is only one God, remember? I read that as for all time, not just for 33 ½ years.

Can't you think outside the box for one moment? Can God only be in 1 place at a time? I thought He was omniscient, the All, the Absolute, the infinite wonder...Jesus can be where ever 2 or 3 are gathered in his name which in those days must have been quite a few places, why can't God be ? Why do you give this God human qualities? Is is because Jesus was a man? and all the fullness dwelled in him? Or you think that God created man in his image so God must look like you. Do you think that your outward appearance, your vessel is all that there is to you? Wait, you are a WT defender so omit that last one.

Thank you for saying “enter a man,” not God.

You're welcome. The earth is no place for spirit to dwell, and flesh is dead in the spirit world, unless glorified. Paul explains this quite well.
    So God comes to teach, can anyone look at him?

RSV Exodus 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face; for man shall not see me and live."

RSV Colossians 1:19 For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

If he were God, why would anything have to be granted him?

So that followers of Abraham, Moses, the OT et all would believe Jesus to be the one with all power when He told them so. "Look I am He, Don't think of me as a man like you cause I am the one who has all power over things visible, invisible, principalities...and every knee will bow and every mouth will confess that..." Remember the God of the OT said I'd be hear, I can do everything and I only do as the one who sent me sees & does, so don't worry I'll get it right.
    Its like saying since no fleshy human can look at me the way I am and live, I will fill a vessel with my divine quality so that I can teach how to live a proper life, stop killing, using my temple for profit, etc, then I will show you how you can live forever since you don't interpret that bible very well... "I am the way the truth and the life, no one can get to the father [spirit world] unless you believe in me [resurrection] [I am in the Father & the Father is in Me]
    The flesh means nothing, let them kill that, but never let them corrupt your spirit/soul. You need that for the resurrection.

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God."

I'll have to edit this later. yawn
    Dakota you are very good at naming scriptures, I only know the story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit