The Trinity Is A False Doctrine!

by non_trias_theos 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Will Power
    Will Power

Sand:

But like Phillipians 2:6 says, "he thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.

and

NASB Phil 2:6 although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Jesus didn't have to try and be something he already was, - the glory Christ had with the Father before His incarnation.
    emptied Himself - He did this, not by giving up deity, but by laying aside His glory (John 17:5) and submitting to the humiliation of becoming man(2Cor8:9) OR emptied Himself, not of deity itself, but of its prerogatives - the high position and glory of deity.
    As a servant, He was always submissive to the will of the Father.

He taught by example, practiced what he preached. Like he wants his followers to do, til the end. He said He is the Way.

This morning I listed all the verses from the NWT that changed Lord to Jehovah without any OT references, quotation, or parallel. There are 61 altogether. You might want to take a peek. These are the passages that conflict with WT theology about Christ and reduce Him to an angel which as you pointed out does not fit with the rest of the Holy Bible. It is on the Jesus is God thread.

can't spell

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    The book of Hebrews was obviously written to the Jews, who only believed in the "One true God". So the writer had to explain who Jesus was. The first chapter dispels any notion the he is/was an angel. So is he "a god" or God-manifest in the flesh?

Sorry, Sang, but Hebrews hardly explains God “manifest in the flesh.” It does show Jesus to be Gods appointed representative, His Son;

RSV Hebrews 1:1-2
    1 IN MANY and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets;
    2. but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

If God, he would not have to be appointed as anything by another. Remember, the Bible throughout is clear that there is only one God and Jesus himself called the Father “the ONLY True God” at John 17:3.
    If God manifest in the flesh, he would still be God. If, as many Trinitarians teach, he was “fully God and fully man,” the simple act of his praying to another and calling another “the only true God” would indicate two Gods!

Ok, im a jew, reading Hebrews, and i read chapter one, just describing how the angels worship jesus, and how he is higher than the angels. Then i read in verse 8, the Father calling Jesus "God".
    Again, you are placing modern restrictions on ancient words that didn’t carry those restrictions when penned. The Greek word mostly translated worship, proskuneo has no real English equivalent. Even when the KJV was translated some 400 years ago, worship was a much broader meaning word than we use it today.

As to the Father calling Jesus God, are you so sure about that? Ancient Greek had no capitals. Who capitalized God to make it look like he were the Almighty? Many in the Bible are called god, even Jesus stated that. Yet, not one of the others are thought to be God Almighty.

I answered Hebrews 1:8 in more detail in an earlier response, so ne need to repeat it.

And being a jew, i know absolutely there is only ONE GOD, so then i read on in verse 10-12. Wait!! Yaweh created the heavens and earth, and these two verses are a direct quote from Psalms 102:25-27. But here in Hebrews they are reffering to Jesus. Then i recall a scripture in Isaiah 44:24 that says I am the LORD that made the heavens and the earth ALL BY MYSELF. And another O.T scripture rapidly comes to mind, Isaiah 42:8,9 I am the LORD, and my glory will i not give to another. (incidentaly,verse 9 is repeated by Jesus in Jn.13:19. Another Isaiah scripture Isa.45:22,23 is repeated in Phillipians 2:10 Yaweh is saying at the sound of HIS NAME every knee will bow..ect... In Phill, it says at the name of Jesus, every knee will bow...ect...And as you might know, there are literally hundreds of paralells between old and new testament like will was quoting earlier.
    Sigh! Again, you probably haven’t actually been reading my replies through. God is indeed the creator, but Hebrews is plainly showing that He created THROUGH Jesus. For lack of a better example, much like a contractor who has others do the physical labor, but gets the credit for the building.

If you look to the context of Isaiah, you will find that God was speaking of the false gods that ancient Israel had turned to. Jesus himself often directed the worship to the Father. Yes, occasionally, scriptures show he accepted it too, but remember, the word had much broader meaning than it does today. Maybe that is why Vines Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words defines it as actually “obeisance.”

As to parallels between Old and New Testament, indeed there are many. The most noteworthy is that it nowhere abandons the concept of a single God. To declare Jesus also God gives you plain and simply, two Gods!

I think maybe part of the problem in understanding the concept of the Trinity, (at least it was for me-i was a 3rd generation JW, who did not believe the trinity doctrine for 33 years) was the language Jesus used when refering to his father as doing HIS will, and saying the father is greater..ect...But i think the relationship between the two is very similiar to husband and wife. Even though they are two different people, they are in a perfect union, therefore becomming "One flesh" The wife is in perfect submission to the husband, just as christ is in perfect submission to the father. He came to do "his fathers will". But like Phillipians 2:6 says, "he thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
    As far as explaining it, my favorite is the Husband/Wife thing.
    But the other day, i was thinking on the subject after reading some of the post, and i kind of thought of one. Jesus is called the Word. Therefore God is "Declared" by him. He is Yaweh in action. Just as my voice loudly declares what i believe and who i am. Without my voice, i could not tell anyone about me. Is my voice me? I should say absolutely. Even though it is invisible, it reflects who i am, and what im all about.
    There are many and varied attempts at explaining the trinity, but none make it true, at least not to me. A husband and wife are still two separate and distinct individuals. Two humans. To have God and Jesus in a similar relationship would give you two Gods, again.

As to your claim of Philippians 2:6, sorry, but I have to disagree. You are reading Shakesperean English in modern terms;

RSV Philippians 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

ASV Philippians 2:6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

NIV Philippians 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

NAS Philippians 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

As you can see, equality with God is not what Jesus had. And again, if he is equal to God and is God, you have two Gods, plain and simple. The Bible is adamant that there is only one God, not individuals comprising God.

However, you also show my main complaint with the Bible. To believe Phil. 2:6 declares Jesus God gives it a huge contradiction. It also shows how some translators have translated according to their theological bias in an attempt to place doctrines in the Bible that don’t exist. If it were a clear declaration, then all translations should agree, except maybe for the NWT.

But, they don’t agree, even amongst the Trinitarian Bibles. Personally, I would love to actually have a complete and literal translation without anybody’s bias, but I don’t think one exists.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Dak
    Phil 2:6 Who, being in very nature God,

Are YOU in very nature God? You are a humman. So by nature, because you were created in God's image, do you have his nature?
    If you wanted to be god or even like God you'd have to "aspire" to it or it would be something that you'd need to grasp, reach for.

Is an angel in very nature God? No, Same thing.

Who, being in very nature God, Jesus is the same [nature] yesterday, today, and forever.

There is only ONE TRUE God!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    OR emptied Himself, not of deity itself, but of its prerogatives - the high position and glory of deity.
    As a servant, He was always submissive to the will of the Father.

Why is it when I hear people make comments like this in discussions such as this one, I always hear it as coming from John Lovitz in his, yeah, yeah, that's the ticket! style?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

"Flee from BTG today, people. The Witnesses teach what is true!
    Jehovah your God is one God"

Theres an old movie, Blk and Wht, that stars Robert Mitchem. I can't remember the name of it now but he portrayed a nut case just out of the "Pen" who desquised himself as a preacher.
    He had the letters tatooed on his fingers L O V E on the right hand and H A T E on the left hand.

He was stalking these children for money that was hidden in a doll.

Any way he would occaisonally get angry at people and shout out (while sitting on a mule) "The LORD GOD JEHOVAH!! WILL BLAH BLAH BLAH...."

Everytime one of these posters posts something they remind me of that KOOK preacher Robert Mitchem played in that movie.
    They sound just like him.

LOL!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Plm, that is the movie that was remade about 10-15 years ago (i think) with Robert Dinero. Can't remember the name. It is were I got the idea to tatoo "love" on the fingers of my right hand, and "more love" on the fingers of my left hand. No, I don't have 8 fingers, be creative.

No, I didn't really.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Plm, "Cape Fear" is the movie.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

One thing i didnt mention about the husband and wife relationship, and the bible calling them "one flesh", was something i too had mentioned earlier at a post. And that is, even though they were two seperate people, man and woman, they were called Man. (Gen.1:27) Their Nature was Man. The Son and The Father, their nature=God.

Lets go back in time before Anything was created. Where did Jesus derive his existance? or did he always exist as God? or was he "a god, who hooked up with the father at some point (a morman belief)
    Well, if he was "MADE" by the father, then cut out John 1:3 that says "ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM, AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANYTHING MADE THAT WAS MADE" That includes himself doesnt it? Therefore, i have to conclude he already existed with the Father. He was begotten as the incarnate son.

God (the Father) is a jealous God, do you think he would actually permit angels, and men to even do "obesiance" to someone else? The word obesiance actually can mean several things, including submission to that person or being, or pay homage(a mark or testimony of esteem)
    Angels never permitted any man to do obesiance to them. Dakota, i think youre trying to water down the language used by those who "Worshipped the Son"

So what do you believe about the Son? Are you saying he is a god, not the same as the father? Only the pagans were polytheistic. He cannot be "a god" without being a false god, too many scriptures saying ONE GOD.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

DAK, (Just an afterthought)
    You said that there is only "one true God" thus referring to the Father. If thats the case, then Jesus cannot be true, because according to what you are saying, he is "a god", but not the "True God" What about 1John 5:20? Jesus here is called "The true God,and eternal life" (even the KJV,wich everyone claims is so biased, inserts the word "even" therefore distinguishing the two persons, Father and Son.) At the VERY LEAST, you have to conclude that they are both "TRUE" according to this verse. OOOPS! Now we have 2 True Gods.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Well, if he was "MADE" by the father, then cut out John 1:3 that says "ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM, AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANYTHING MADE THAT WAS MADE"

Of course everyone thinks that "thier" understanding of a scripture is "the" correct understanding so i'm not even going to squabble about who's right who's wrong. I'll just simply share my understanding of this scripture.

It can be interpeted several ways. One way is this our universe. Our universe is a tiny speck of reality. But it is still every thing we are aware of in a litteral sense. so to us it is everything.
    Another way to look at it it very simple. Jesus didn't say that John did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit