The Trinity Is A False Doctrine!

by non_trias_theos 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• COMF
    COMF

You are arguing over whether the Easter bunny lays eggs or not.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your piety nor wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
    Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    the whole syntactical structure in John 1:1 seems to undermine the Trinity doctrine.

Tell me how does it undermine the Trinity doctrine?

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

it's not the trinity that bothers me, it's dubs like you.

fuck off

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

$$$Tell me how does it undermine the Trinity doctrine?$$$

I think I used the terminology "seems."

But what I meant is that there is no definite article used in John 1:1c. The construction is also an example of a precopulative predicate nominative which is anarthrous. The construction is either qualitative, indefinite or definite. P.B. Harner argued that the construction is qualitative. While we take issue with the implications that Harner drew from his research, we think that the construction could be syntactically qualitative and thus indicate that the word was godlike. In that case he would not be God.

Notice that the word was also with God.

• the follower
    the follower

Harner made it quite clear that what is God in a qualitative sense is God in the highest sense since their is only one God. What has the nature of God is God.

Origen thought that the omission of the article was important, but then again he also thought that we existed in heaven before we came to the earth (just like the mormons do!).

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

Are you a trinitarian? I thought you were a witness, follower.

$$$Harner made it quite clear that what is God in a qualitative sense is God in the highest sense since their is only one God. What has the nature of God is God.$$$

I said that we do not agree with the implications that Harner drew from his study. But the word being qualitatively theos does not mean that he is theos.

$$$Origen thought that the omission of the article was important, but then again he also thought that we existed in heaven before we came to the earth (just like the mormons do!).$$$

Origen may have thought that we existed in heaven before coming to the earth. But our thoughts are not based on what Origen said. Can you give us an example of where theos is ever used in the bible as a qualitative noun?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Actually, though this teaching has been long debated, I cannot, for the life of me, see how it makes any difference at all. If the trinity is true or if the trinity is not true, so what?

• gumby
    gumby

Yet there is not three gods but one God.
    You need to understand WHAT the trinity doctrine is before you make these statements.
    The doctrine DOES not teach...3 God's.
    It teaches ONE God ..IN 3 persons.
    Do you feel it beyond God's ability to have himself in 3 persons?
    This debate has gone on since shorly after Chrest appearance if not during his time.Trinitatians do not believe in this concept because it was a creed that has to be followed....although there are those who do.
    Many believe it because they feel the scriptures support it.
    They believe it so strongly they wouls die for this belif.
    Should God kill them all because they believed wrongly, and they believed it will all their heart?
    Why do they believe it.
    John 1:3 He made ALL things....without him not ONE thing was made that has been made.
    Col. 1:15-18 He is before ALL things, he made ALL THINGS
    Rev.22 something..Alpha Omega
    He is called 'Savior', Lord, King, Rock, Mighty God....all the titles Jehovah has.

Does this mean I believe in the Trinity? No. I'm really not sure.

My point is...all the ones who believe contrary to you, are just as serious about their beliefs as you.
    Why would God kill all those who are wrong that believe what they are doing is right.

What IF you are wrong and God kills you. Would you feel he was just if you could give your opinion?

• the follower
    the follower

I am not a trinitarian.

I am a Jehovah's Witness (sort of).

What do you mean where is theos a qualitative noun? What exactly is a qualitative noun, I don't think there is such a category.

QEOS is a count noun and as such can be made definite, indefinite and pluralised. Trinitarians treet is more like a mass noun though: hence the confusion.

God is love
    The Word was God
    God is a love
    The Word was a god

I don't think the Bible teaches a Trinity

• Bang
    Bang

Hey non_trias_theos,

An important thing to consider;

'jehovah' is your god, not mine, you can have him, or it, or whatever.
    The way the jovies tell it, he sounds like a real animal, and it seems pretty imaginary too, he never shows up when they say, or if he does it's invisible - are you sure it's not just an imaginary beast?

Do you think I could maintain integrity and kneel to that thing?
    You must be kidding.
    (oh, for your edification i.e. making little goats)

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit