The Trinity Is A False Doctrine!

by non_trias_theos 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WinstonWigglesworth
    WinstonWigglesworth

Since God is true than the Trinity is true. For example, one man can be called son by his parents, husband by his wife and father by his kids. Is he not just one person defined by 3 names? He's not simply a son but a father and husband too. Same goes with God, He's the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Trinity is implied thoughout the whole bible. We learn God is Father Son and Holy Spirit, that's all the proof I need

• NewLight2
    NewLight2
    the follower:
    contrary to popular opinion the Trinity brochure is a very fair publication.

Dear Follower:

Please check out these URLs, then verify the quotes by looking them up yourself in their ORIGINAL publications.

THEN - come back and post an update for us.

The Dishonesty of the "Should You Believe in the Trinity?" Booklet (Part 1) - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/booklet1.html

The Dishonesty of the "Should You Believe in the Trinity?" Booklet (Part 2) - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/booklet2.html

The Trinity Doctrine

- http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/trinity.html

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

Ok...for those who have a hard time seeing how one person can also be 3 persons....

take a pitcher of water...pour some of that water in an ice tray....let it freeze overnight, leaving the rest of the water in the pitcher on the counter. OK...next morning (after some coffee) pour the water in a pot....boil it and then take the ice cubes that you made from the water that was in the pitcher and put them in the pot. For a (very) short time that 1 pitcher of water wil be in 3 diffrent forms..water, steam, and ice. So you see...it really is not beyond our scope of understanding....there are things all around us that exist in 3 diffrent forms...but are also one. I for one think that if it's in the world around us....GOD would have very little trouble pulling it off himself.... :)

• the follower
    the follower

I have read criticisms of the Trinity brochure before, I am not convinced by them.

• tdogg
    tdogg

Nice trick for God there FRUSR, perhaps. So why does He have so much trouble inspiring humans to write a book that acutally makes any sense? You all can argue the Trinity for the rest of time just like some Star Trek geeks trying to make reality out of science fiction, but you will never, never, (did I mention never) PROVE your point.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2
    I have read criticisms of the Trinity brochure before, I am not convinced by them.

That is why I asked you to actually look up the quotes for YOURSELF in the original material that is quoted by that brochure. You will find that there are MANY "half" quotes that change the meaning of the original.

Here is a good place to start:

Early Church Fathers:
    Ante-Nicene Fathers The Writings of the Fathers Down to A.D. 325
    http://www.ccel.org/fathers2/

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Bang:
    ROFL!
    Jesus, yep, I can believe. God, (a loving God), um yep that too, but... Jehovah? It has always sounded to me like something you'd call out if you were especially constipated. Ja....Hov....AH!!! (plop).

After finding out that JHVH was the exact nomenclature used, I couldn't understand why that wasn't enough for folks. I mean, wrap your mind around the concept that maybe what is sacrid should be left that way, at very least, out of respect. We all are human though, and as a species, we haven't gotten that concept of sacrid quite down yet. We are, just as our maker, imperfect, I guess. Afterall, we were made in his immage, and if we are imperfect...

• r51785
    r51785
    The Witnesses teach what is true!

Yeah right, that's the ticket!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Trinity, Shminity, yadda, yadda, yadda. All the debates and arguments about John 1:1, John 8:58, John 20:28, Matthew 28:19; 20, 1 John 5:7 and all the rest, that are very debatable as to the accuracy of their translations, cannot change Jesus' own words at John 17:3:

RSV John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

If Jesus declares another as "THE ONLY TRUE GOD," that's good enough for me.

I have yet to find a Bible version where Jesus does not refer to the Father as "The ONLY True God" at this verse.

Believe as you will. As another earlier said, I doubt the trinity is all that necessary to salvation. All this endless arguing does is draw people away from God and defies Jesus' words at John 13:34; 35. (Sorry, I'm going to make ya'll look that one up yourself. Gotta keep up on your bible reading, you know!)

• gumby
    gumby

What do you suppose God would do with himself from times of eterniy in the past....before man?

Can you imagine being up in that lonely dark sky with meteorites flying around and stuff....and theres no one to talk to?

This is why god is a trinity....he needed a couple of dudes to hang with since eternity is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO time...all by yourself.

Now then.........I hope this satisfactorally resolves this childlike nonsense of you children! Gawd!I need to go to bed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit