Atheism is a Belief System

by seekchristonly 194 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"I am not talking about empty space and neither is Krauss."

Krauss is not talking about empty space? I am quoting from him on page 58, please explain to me what he is talking about after reading this quote.

" By nothing, I do not mean nothing, but rather nothing -- in this case, the nothingness we normally call empty space."

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

energy,matter and gravity according to science existed before the universe came into existence. SO where did they come from

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

" By nothing, I do not mean nothing, but rather nothing -- in this case, the nothingness we normally call empty space."

If that quote is too confusing I'll cut out all of the confusing words and you are left with this....."By nothing, I ...mean...empty space."

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Are we to trust his ideas . What and who are the counter arguments for claims made by Krauss

• cofty
    cofty

energy,matter and gravity according to science existed before the universe came into existence.

No. Not even close.

EOM - your quote is 100% out of context. In that section he is talking about Einstein's cosmological constant and how to reconcile it with quantum mechanics.

I told you twice already he addresses NOTHING in the last chapter. It is awesome. Your reviewer is a dullard.

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Cofty you must be an EX JW another who delights in calling names . Try not to project your self righeousness too much

• GoodGuyGreg
    GoodGuyGreg

EndOfMysteries:

What Krauss shows, is that provided some properties are universal (pun somewhat intended), no creator is needed to explain the existence of our universe.

If you want to argue against his ideas, you need to argue for a better reason to believe this isn't the case. Just saying that he's wrong because you don't agree with his definition of "nothing" is pointless unless you can show why your definition lies closer to factual reality.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

GoodGuyGreg - "provided some properties are universal" - that is it. When we think of nothing, there are no properties. Void of any properties, energy, anything. What is beyond the universe? If space and empty space is a byproduct of the expansion of the universe, what is past that point? That might be nothing.

But what Krauss is showing based upon my answering of your explanation, is that once you have the building blocks then a creator is not needed. Where did the building blocks come from?

• cofty
    cofty

SCO - You have a PM

• cofty
    cofty

When we think of nothing, there are no properties. Void of any properties, energy, anything.

Which is precisely what he argues for in the book you are refusing to read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit