Atheism is a Belief System

by seekchristonly 194 Replies latest watchtower bible

• caliber
    caliber

I wish to express thanks to Madgiant cofty viviane OTWO (hope I didn't miss anyone ) who addressed me

Your manner of debate was very refreshing to me... I did not feel threatened nor insulted at any point

How refreshing to get another person's perspective , to consider firmly held views without a need to crush them

but to understand them thanks again !!!!

It is mutual consideration which will draw people... influence a person...

Gentle reasoning promotes good-will

• cofty
    cofty

Caliber - I think it is a common misunderstanding to think of "atheists" as a group.

In fact atheists have nothing in common apart from a lack of belief in god. There are atheists who believe all sorts of silly things.

My concern is with intellectual honesty; with reason, evidence, skepticism and rational thinking. Atheism is just a corollary of those things.

• caliber
    caliber

Cofty..... Agreed with the above but unfortunately for the purpose of debate generalizations are made.

On the other side of the coin I can think of a number of times when certain ones tried to tell people like

FHN what she must believe... if she is a believer ... again understanding and consideration are in order

It is simply impossible to know what each and everyone believes...

Asking does help however

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

On the other side of the coin I can think of a number of times when certain ones tried to tell people like

FHN what she must believe... if she is a believer ... again understanding and consideration are in order

My memory is short.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Mr. Caliber, I sent you a message on Face Book. Answer it when you have time. Please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit