Atheism is a Belief System

by seekchristonly 194 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
  • cofty
    cofty

yet they believe that energy is eternal - EOM

Who told you that? Read Lawrence Krauss' "A Universe From Nothing" for a more accurate picture.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"The term agnostic is pointless. We don't need a word for "I don't know"."

It is absolutely NOT pointless. As you said you are certain there is no god. Others see the evidence for spontaneous life and order out of nothing as easy to believe as everything here created by a God. Both sides can poke tons of holes in each sides claims. So agnostics are not at all convinced on either end of the spectrum.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Who told me that? I learned that in elementary school science, a thing called, "The law of conservation of energy", which states that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. Or are you saying this scientific fact had new light like the WT and no longer applies?

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

DO you have faith in someone who writes a book ie Lawrence Krauss and accept is as truth. That seems to be the norm on here.Yet openly reprove someone who has beleif in GOd. Whats that all about please

• jgnat
    jgnat

Define belief.

• cofty
    cofty

DO you have faith in someone who writes a book ie Lawrence Krauss and accept is as truth

No I have no faith in Krauss or in any other scientist. Absolutely none.

I am amazed however by the ability of theoretical physicists to make predictions about the real world and then build cutting-edge machines to test those ideas. It frequently turns out that their hypotheis are accurate to a degree of accuracy that is difficult to exaggerate.

I follow the facts wherever they lead.

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Well it depends who is teaching what because just like most subjects there are claims and counter claims

• cofty
    cofty

just like most subjects there are claims and counter claims

For example?

Is anybody claiming the earth is flat?

• jgnat
    jgnat

This measurement just boggles my mind.

Gravity Waves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest