Science proves there is a God

by seekchristonly 247 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

that's my answer. You want something more specific? Have i miss understood you ?

are you asking for a specific scientific discovery produced by faith?

• prologos
    prologos

if FAITH could be defined as a CONVICTION, belief in the existence of a rational creator, the originator of understandable LAWS,

much of the best science was done based on such faith:

Keppler, Newton, Faraday, Einstein even.

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Faith is the assured expectation of things to come.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

And Seekc " the assured expectation of things to come" is that you will get slaughterd for that post.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Faith is the assured expectation of things to come.

When people build up faith on ignorance, lies and corruption, that can only lead to a detrimental folly for humanity.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Are all narrow roads the superior path?

• cofty
    cofty

Prologos - Belief in a creator was a hindrence to Newton. Whenever there were things he could not figure out he would resort to god-did-it. If he had not been a theist he might have kept struggling for answers.

Einstein never believed in a "rational creator".

I didn't ask what have believers contributed to human knowledge. It would take 10 seconds on google to answer that.

I asked what faith-based thinking has contributed to human knowledge in the past 500 years.

I submit it has been the biggest single factor that has restrained human progress.

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Newton venerated the bible and sensed Gods direction in his findings. Christianity went wrong in the 4th centruy according to him

quote from The Isaac Newton institute for mathmaticla science

• cofty
    cofty

Yes Newton wrote a lot of daft stuff about religion. Like Rutherford he was fascinated with end-times prophecy.

He was a good scientist some of the time but at other times he let superstition interfere with his work.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

After all whats been said on this thread, lets make an astounding reconfirming

statement that science has destroyed the idealogical concept of all deities.

Unfortunately since all the gods imagined or created in human history was

expressed throguh ignorance as simple hearsay, lets appreciate what science

has done for humanity through making discoveries and improving the human

experience. There is still much more to learn and discover in this universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit