Science proves there is a God

by seekchristonly 247 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

It is a tedious tactic. Believers pretend that because we don't know everything then we don't really know anything for sure.

It is thoroughly dishonest.

Please tell me one thing that faith-based thinking has contributed to human knowledge in the past 500 years.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Please tell me one thing that faith-based thinking has contributed to human knowledge in the past 500 years.

Cofty!

http://www.adherents.com/people/100_Nobel.html

• cofty
    cofty

That wasn't the question Snowbird.

I didn't ask what theists have contributed to human knowledge.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I know scientists that believe in god, but they no longer hold the bible as 100% true or literal.

Nobody says science has to lead to atheism, but for many it has as the religious texts conflict with science. If one is able to square that away and maintain their beliefs/faith great! But some can't.

As for skepticism, I personally feel, one can't be truly skeptical and remain a believer in magic and miracles. But that is just my opinion.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Are you saying that a theist's thinking is not faith-based?

• cofty
    cofty

Are you saying that a theist's thinking is not faith-based?

No I'm saying that a theist can only contribute to human knowledge by putting aside their superstitions while they do science.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Believers pretend that because we don't know everything then we don't really know anything for sure.

It never goes the other way, though. Even the answers a believer can't answer are a sure bet, something you can put full faith in.

At least scientists are honest enough to say they don't know everything....

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ok.

• jgnat
    jgnat

At least scientists are aware of the fringes of their ignorance. They know where to look.

Facts are great. There's a solidity about them that make them a great foundation for building knowledge.

• Viviane
    Viviane

http://news.discovery.com/space/speed-of-light-einstein-physics-130428.htm

Under certain conditions, no.

Absolutely untrue. That article describes papers that explore the possibility that photons, as they travel great distances, may be absorbed and re-emitted from virtual particles enough times to distort the speed of light measurements enough to throw off our measurement of the size of the universe.

The speed of massless particles ina vacumn is still, by all measurement and math, constant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit