Science proves there is a God

by seekchristonly 247 Replies latest watchtower bible

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

I agree with you there Shirley. Its a sweeping statement , i stand corrected.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As i told you all.I have no knowledge of science .....seekchristonly

Science it's all guess work.....seekchristonly

There is nothing wrong with science in fact i love it.....seekchristonly

.............................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Religion proves there is a god.

I have no knowledge of religion.

Religion is all guesswork.

Works both ways, I guess.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SCO, Science it's all guess work.

And what would be the basis for that assessment? Probably guesswork.

Seriously, you shouldn't talk about things you don't know about. It doesn't suit you well.

Question: Do you know the difference between an ignorant person and a stupid one?

Answer: Ignorance is curable.

Please, read something about science before you continue writing about it.

I suggest you start here:

- -

• seekchristonly
    seekchristonly

Yeha as i said its a sweeping generalization.SO i stand corrected. Of course many tihngs are tested and measured to come to some understanding of how the world works . SOme things are still a mystery right so the things they cant measure or define must be guesses and ideas. Barnes Wallis a scientist did not invent the bouncing bomb until he threw a stone in the water and it skipped on the water. SO his invention was based on an ideaWhats wrong with that. So the things that cannot be tested unlike the bouncing bomb must be guess work or an idea

• jgnat
    jgnat

seekchristwhatever, there's been a lot of progress in science since you took it in high school. Things you assume are unknown are figured out, which has led to ever more elegant questions, with ever more interesting answers.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. - William G. McAdoo (1863 - 1941)

• Comatose
    Comatose

I actually respect that the Original Poster although making some claims that were not true then admits he was wrong. But, christalone since you have the good ability to admit pretty readily when you are wrong, I'd like to point out this problem. You seem to display a great distrust in science and share the viewpoint that many of my old friends and parents still do. "Science is all guesswork. They change their mind all the time. They don't really know. You can't trust 'them'."

That attitude is fostered by many religious leaders because they know science disproves much of what they claim.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, if one starts with the premise that all "worldly" is suspect (as my daughter does), and the corollory that spiritual is superior, people with this worldview weigh the scale sadly in disfavour of conventional science.

The weakest of arguments against conventional science looks like a "slam-dunk" to them.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

adding to my post regarding Kant this is from Wikipedia, under Immanuel Kant

'Kant's influence on Western thought has been profound. [90]'

'Kant's work on mathematics and synthetic a priori knowledge is also cited by theoretical physicist Albert Einstein as an early influence on his intellectual development. [113]'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit