Atlanta Int Convention 2014:The Big Party. Does this look like WT believes Armageddon is coming "soon"?

by AndDontCallMeShirley 173 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

May aswell make the most of satan's wicked system before it's gone forever.

Hopefully the angels of destruction will spare the tourist attractions, the restaurants, the entertainment district etc and just off the people.

• Listener
    Listener

In true Watchtower Cult behaviour the family can't just discuss their preparation for the convention in a normal manner, they make a family worship night of it. This elevates the arrangements to beyond practicalities and glorifying the GB and their provisions. This is also enhanced by their crazy ideas that these are theocratic arrangements.

It's so funny that they encourage the sheepies to do a dry run, what an honor this must be to be involved in a pilgramage. This is made even more special by the personal appearance of GB members whom they put on a pedestal by advertising that they will be there and telecasted from that location to many others. Yep, they get to see them live, in concert, all for the cost of a mantra ticket - bargain, the City of Atlanta thank them sincerely.

Regarding the scripture of Revelation 7:9 that they discuss, who needs Armageddon when they themselves have already identified who the great crowd of Revelation is? Talk about running ahead of Jehovah. That was supposed to be a future event. I just don't understand why they haven't instructed them to wear white robes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AndDontCallMeShirley - "That would take some balls for sure."

Pshhh.

Now who's trying to be punny?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ Vidiot: Now who's trying to be punny?

I'm trying "really hard"....

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's just bright lights and shiny things to distract the sheeple from the real issues.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

One thing I noticed is that apparently American football is now ok. I guess NFL No Football Losch has relented.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Yeah well if the Elders are running the Fantasy Football spreadsheet your congregation is good to go.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Wow. This is NOT the cult I was raised in. I’ve been out 3 years this September.

Those poor, dumb, misled people suckers. I saw my niece and her friend from the hall sing that song “Listen, Obey and Be Blessed” for a school talent show. Sooo much brain washing.

P.S. The white guy narrating screams pedophile!

The whole video gave me the creeps.

Oh, and the acting is horrific by the family. So sad.

CULTTTTTTT!!!!!!

• Magnum
    Magnum

dazed but not confused - Ha! I was going to say something about the awful acting by the family, too, but I forgot. It was so stiff and fake.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Y'all (southern influence), are looking for the negative. Any person without some predisposed negative attitude on the JDubs would think this video was great. Other than the kind of deadbeat family highlighted in the Family Worship thing, it looked pretty professional. I did notice the fat-cat house they were all meeting in. And you can be sure that the Missionaries and delegates from abroad will be staying with the rich and famous JWs in Dunwoody or Austell.

I think they spun it pretty good.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit