Atlanta Int Convention 2014:The Big Party. Does this look like WT believes Armageddon is coming "soon"?

by AndDontCallMeShirley 173 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Magnum: What's next - congregation softball teams?

That would take some balls for sure.

According to the video, delegates will be rooming for the convention with JWs who live in a house like this :

But realistically, it'll probably be something more like this:

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

HAHAHAHA !

Welcome to Georgia y'all ....

• Hermano
    Hermano

Almost like they are selling vacation packages now... Maybe they're going try to maximize the convention revenue stream by re-packaging them as a vacations to the rank and file.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, when the end doesn't come and conditions improve, you gotta fill in the hanging time with something. So, you kind of mute the hysterical doom-laden messages of old and put a new, fresh-faced, smiling lifestyle gloss on everything. You talk about "fun", colorful people, a big brotherhood in a shiny, pretty flower-fragranced metropolis. This is much, much different than JWs of old - but the difference makes sense because an end that persists in not arriving leaves gaps in time that need to be filled. Gaps that are not filled with zesty, bright, sparkly stuff create discomfort and - Jehovah forbid - disturbing questions about why the confidently preached end never quite arrives.....

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I did not hear Jesus mentioned even once!

it really is a cult modeled on Old Testament Israel.

• Magnum
    Magnum

If JWs really think the end is imminent and that every passing minute brings us closer to the death of every non-JW (billions), it seems that as time passes, they would be more serious, more single-minded, less distracted, more focused on warning; but the opposite is true as this video shows. They seem to get less serious. They get weaker, softer. They can't defend their doctrine as they could in times past; they don't even know their doctrine anymore. They become more commercial, more like the world. Don't some of them see it or are they just totally blind?

If there is a Jah and there is an imminent end and JWs are his people, then it seems that he would hold the org accountable. Would he really want them spending all the time, effort, and money on entertainment, practicing skits, etc. so close to the end? Shouldn't they be marching around Jericho wlith a serious attitude?

Actually, they can't really warn people strongly anymore. Their record of failed predictions has made them such that nobody can take them seriously anymore. They cried wolf too many times.

• scary21
    scary21

GB-5 Jesus- 0

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

In true WT-style, they've figured out how to inconvenince large numbers of JWs, then call it a "test of our obedience to theocratic direction". The JW propogandist at 6:00 minutes shows that his cong. is right next to the northern MARTA station- but the GB has directed those brothers to travel 25 miles to the other end of town to use the southern MARTA station instead. Nicely done, WT !!

15 nights of entertainment and 18 sight-seeing tours are scheduled for the three convention weekends.

By my count:

> "Atlanta" = 13 mentions

> "Governing Body" = 5 mentions

> "Jehovah" = 5 mentions

> "Jehovah's Witnesses" = 4 mentions

> "Jesus" = not one mention !

It would appear Jesus has been relegated to the "who's that?" category along with Russell.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

not-Shirly, What's worse about that directions is the top three stations on that line have lots of parking, including several big multi-level decks. the only reason I can think they want them to use the blue line is because they think they are too stupid to change trains downtown.

I told my wife if nothing else they should drive all the way to the airport and park where there are huge lots.

actually now that I think about it, thoes lots chage a little for parking since they are in a wealthy area, but Holms doesn't. Could they be that petty? That north springs station area that he shows on the map, where he lives, is amoung the weathiest nesghords outside the perimeter.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Oh my, can you say creepy 10 times fast?

Sure, I would drive 25 miles out of my way to catch a train on the other side of town...NOT!

I wonder how many will just say no to this stupidity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit