COBE cannot be 80 or more

by fader77 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

FADER77 - Welcome!! It is so encouraging and refreshing to have ones like yourself join us here and contribute important information & news.

You'll get to appreciate that there are a few here who can be be bitter/cynical/ridiculing - thanks to what the Org has done to them and/or their families - but be patient with such ones. They are going through some serious mental anguish, just as my wife's mother will, if she ever realises how evil the shunning of her son and grandchild for more than 20 years has been!

There are more foryou than againstyou!

• Splash
    Splash

What a way to treat Jehovah's long faithful "glorious ones"!

How is forcing them to retire "reckoning them worthy of double honour"?

Are we "holding men of that sort dear" when we tell them they're past it now?

Splash

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

WELCOME Fader77!

Im an elder working on a masters degree. Ive told lots of the pubs, and even the CO. No response yet. I love pushing the education envelope :) ...

... I plan on a PhD next :)

Good for you! The Org's anti-higher-ed stance is a pet peeve of mine too.

And thanks for posting this interesting letter. What will they give him instead, I wonder. Secretary is highly demanding and time-consuming, why choose to put an 'age ceiling' on just the COBE position? The given reason doesn't make sense to me. If they want serving elders to take on more responsibility, why not have the COBE position on rotation?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

why not have the COBE position on rotation?

Originally they did rotate annually.

It was a disaster. Most are not leaders.

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

Fader, nice to see you here and thanks for the info! Having said that, don't threaten us by not providing more info if we question anything. We know not who you are and you might want to drop the tude, just a bit. Hope you understand the spirit that I'm throwing your way. I look forward to more of your posts!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

"The WTS iS not run by the GB. Thry are mascots. Would anyone want Anthony Morris or Lett running their business. after they booted Franz and Milton G, the show has been run by the corporations. Of course these letters come from the "governing body" but it's not their ideas."

This is one of the more logical statements on this site.

GB were "traveling overseers" who have been granted a true traveler's ultimate lifestyle - a lifetime of weekly travel around the globe.

• label licker
    label licker

At one time the CO would leave it up to the BOE to decide for themselves on any decisions that would be made, at least that's what our CO said to me about my so called public reproving. That if all the BOE's agree, then, he can't interfere.

I find this amusing in the least. You see, our Cobe is the biggest arrogant person you would want to meet. I could see these elders wanting to keep him on but now they have no say. It's up to the CO to add or delete elders. But now not even the CO has any say in the matter.

All this label licking to become something in this cult while abusing others in the process. Looks good on all of them. They are getting their rewards in full. They have no voice in anything whether a CO, Cobe, Elder, Ministerial Servant or Pioneer.

LL

• prologos
    prologos

this MANDATORY age-ceiling policy will take the sting out of the 'easing out of office' of those pushing 90. One can not. normally, be a dynamic leader at that age, presiding over a group that is all "reaching out". difficult too, when new technology requires more changes, adaptation.

after all, these Elders are MANAGERS, age is not a requirement. The ZIg-Zagging, Tacking, tacky ship is showing it's true colours. green.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Welcome Fader 77. Thanks for posting the info and look forward to hearing more from you.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Fader77, thank you for posting this letter and I am glad to hear you are studying to get your masters and then PhD. I think it is great to hear that many out there are ignoring the GB and getting higher education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit