COBE cannot be 80 or more

by fader77 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

fader77 - Thank you for that very recent information. It seems this 100 year anniversary since 1914 is proving to be a year that just keeps on giving. The fast and quick adjustments are causing many old-timers to wonder what this religion is up to. I had one long time JW an octogenarian (an elder forever) mention he has never witnessed such a “flurry of changes.”

I’m wondering what is up with all these “age discrimination” related adjustments. These are the brothers that were the work horses for the WTS. I know many 80+ brothers and sisters that gave everything to the WTS and were adversely influenced by the craziness and insanity of the 1960’s & 70’s. The numbers that hurt themselves in believing they were never going to get old or have to worry about retirement are innumerable.

These trusting aged loyal ones are still the first at the meeting regardless of the weather and their aches and pains. They are the first to financially support resolutions even with their meagre old age pension income. The 2014 insanity marches on!!

• the girl next door
  • Listener
    Listener

I am wondering if the work load of a COBE is greater than that of an Elder?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

fader77 welcome and thank you very much for sharing this BOE letter.

Rest assured, any other BOE letters that you come across and post here will be greatly appreciated by the vast majority of us.

• Splash
    Splash

So if they cannot be COBE because it is presumably too much for them, what about TMS overseer, Secretary, WT conductor, Service overseer?

Some of these jobs are more demanding than COBE.

Splash

• Slidin Fast
  • Listener
    Listener

It is sounding like the position of COBE is more desireable to have in this class distinctive organization and goes along with the reason the org is giving for this change. They want others to reach out for this title. It is a men's club after all.

• designs
    designs

Hey even Pope's get to retire :D

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Many 60, 70 and 80 year old elders are not too cell phone, tablet, ipad and computer savvy. It's very difficult for these older elders to keep up with the demands of new technology not to mention the expense of keeping up with the latest devices. Social security checks can only go soo far!

So what is WT to do?

If WT can't teach these old dogs new tricks-put these older elders out to pasture. Sad indeed!

Many senior elders in their mid to late 60's, 70's and 80's (afer reading this June 1 BOE letter) will relate more to the words of an old country song...'You've used me til I'm all used up'!

Yep, WT has little use for these older, wiser gray-haired ones!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum Fader77. Thanks for the info. It becomes more like a corporation every year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit