COBE cannot be 80 or more

by fader77 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Now this is just plain weird.

So to "assist others to reach out" they cut the knees of the old dude who has been serving?

I wonder if they have been having problems with crazy old men (dementia, alzheimers?) causing problems for the BOE?

Or maybe the children of some of these old guys are complaining that the WTS is running them ragged in their old age?

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Does this adjustment apply to the GB members or just the sheep?

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

sorry, daringhart13's already asked that question.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Or the younger guys are tired of listening to the older guys and having to respect their decisions, and tired of trying not to offend the older one, and tired of pretending he still has any authority.

Marina

• millie210
    millie210

So its better to have brother under 80 with no concern for the flock serve as a COBE than a tried and true good hearted brother just because he is 80?

What is this sudden push to get rid of all the old guys? (C.O.s, D.O.s and now COBEs?

• blondie
    blondie

Can't be COBOE but can be GB member.............

• Comatose
    Comatose

A play by comatose:

coma - so isn't it odd that now nice old brothers over 80 can't be the COBE?

JW - well, they are old, and they do start to lose it a little, and look at brother niceguy in my hall, he is getting kind of crazy

coma - isn't most of the GB about 80 years old?

JW - *head explodes*

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm inclined to think it's trolling until someone posts a letter.

I remember the news that the CO positon was being done away with too.

Almost got my tittie in a ringer repeating that one.

Doc

• blondie
    blondie

About 10 years ago a new CO came through and removed 20 elders in the circuit, all 75 and older, but no problems mentally except they weren't quick enough to jump on and support new WTS/GB doctrine. They had seen it all and weren't obedient fast enough.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

coma - isn't most of the GB about 80 years old?

Not anymore. All the old farts are dead.

Herd is the oldest at about 75.

NONE would have qualified in the past, thus to even be partakers they must be still caught up in their old traditions of Christendom or mentally ill. (At least that's what the WT says.)

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit