I was "totally" stopped in my tracks by an "atheist" comment.

by booker-t 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

I thought that the "reason" was because the ark was a sort of "seed pod" for lack of a better term. It was used to preserve the DNA of humans and animals.

8 humans plus differing animals.

Animals were not favored over babies. It wasnt sentimental.

Before someone wants to attack the above, please note that I didnt say that is what I think. I am simply saying what I was taught.

• kaik
    kaik

There are thousands of fundamentalists who believe literal meaning of bible, know verses; yet they cannot apply logic and critical thinking skills into it. For thousands of years people asked for reason why we die, what is our purpsoe, why there is evil, and why bad things happen to good people. The think the bible has the answer, but cannot agree on it. People decided to put too much their hopes, answers, and expectations into the scrolls written thousands of years ago by men that became without proof are upheld as a word of God. Strory of Adam and Eve, Flood, Exodus are moral stories written by literate men recording stories discussed by elders at the camp fire.

• smiddy
    smiddy

villagegirl

I class myself as an atheist , and if I`m talking to a jw why wouldnt I use the term jehovah/ yahweh to get on his side , its called theocratic warfare.

Just saying

smiddy

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Quit trying to make sense out of nonsense. It doesn't work.

• kassad84
    kassad84

because the babies' parents did not believe Noah and co, until the moment they were all drowning?

• galaxie
    galaxie

Its a story with a moral;...be good bow the knee to the big boss or else shark bait!!

Wonderful advice why did only 8 people heed the advice out of the whole world?

Because the moral had to be punched home with emphasis!!

Buy into this as anything even close to true , and you really are deluded!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In the story of Noah God murdered millions of babies and billions of animals as well. He could have had evil humans die in their sleep without a flood at all, and all that pointless loss of life. Then afterwards God regretted it, yet God is supposed to be all knowing and wise and knows the future, so surely he would have known he would feel regret and not do it in the first place. Of course it is just a story, and that is before we even start with the fact of the flood being a scientific impossibility.

• Zoos
    Zoos

The story wasn't about love or mercy. It was about anger, lashing out and continuation of species.

• Heaven
    Heaven

zoos said: The story wasn't about love or mercy. It was about anger, lashing out and continuation of species.

Bang on! Of course we're commanded to be forgiving but somehow Jehovah is incapable of this. Just remember... "Jehovah loves you and needs your money." -- George Carlin

B the X had a great point on a previous thread about this. So what about the kangaroos? How could they possibly make the trek from Mount Ararat (the supposed resting place of the ark once the waters receded) to ONLY Australia, having to cross miles and miles of land and then an enormous body of water to get to JUST that island? There is just so much evidence against the Flood story.

Believing in mythology as factual truth = being intellectually dishonest with oneself. The Bible is full of this ... and so are religions.

• designs
    designs

I have had Fundamentalists tell me it is God (their god) who alone decides who will live and die by his hand and that decision is always just.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit