What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Viviane, i will answer your 3 questions.

Answers:-

yes

yes

No

Yes.

Viv you say " so far this is just like a metaphor for either being alive or dont know"

I be honest with you, i dont know what a " metaphor" is. I mean the word is new to me. I could look it up in the dictionary, but its just a word.

So lets talk words:-

I am talking about " inner spirit".

writing requires disipline of thought and you want such thoughts to be expressed logically. But spirit is a chaos of sensibilities, feelings and thoughts. So future existence is " i will" " i shall" . It is the difference between " i dream". It can never die because it only exists in future existence. So if rocks and plants have chas of sensibilities, feelings and thoughts then i am saying they have future existence.

But i wasnt saying that.

And how can people die, if death is non existence? well i cant answer that because i have only known future existence. I guess you will say its for another topic. But what is death? You see to answer your question " what is spirit exactly" i think needs more questions.

As for me unlike rocks i can smell, tremble at the thought of dying in flames ( as my dear friend did) but i cant measure the depth of this "worlds spirit" .But i am alive and well all the same. To me thats " spirit". Future existence. As for my dear friend i think he has no future existence.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi viv;...my reply on pg 5 "simply the air we breathe

pg 14 " only function by the air we breathe", and.."all possible by the air we breathe "..

The part you highlighted was sandwiched in between, which was showing the effects of the spirit or air we breathe which gives rise to what many would call 'our spirit' which can also be known as 'our way' ,our personality, our demeanour, our attitude as in he's got a good spirit. Spirit in those senses being used as descriptive In the context of the context of the conversation ,

In that sense the word spirit is surely understandable.

your point about other creatures ? I am talking in the context of human spirit.

your point about force; there is no correlation between the force of a bullet or any other missiles impact and the force of the air we breathe.

it only serves as a distraction of the context.

Your point about the source of the oxygen ? Why would that have any relevance to the fact that we breathe it ?

Your point about gravity? Humans do not breathe gravity , I would not make any argument that gravity was spirit.....would you?...would anyone?

Best wishes

• Viviane
    Viviane

I be honest with you, i dont know what a " metaphor" is. I mean the word is new to me. I could look it up in the dictionary, but its just a word.

You could look it up. I encourage you to do so.

And how can people die, if death is non existence?

Are you suggesting that people don't die?

well i cant answer that because i have only known future existence.

What does that mean? How is "future existence" different from the passage of time that we all, rocks, people dogs, electrons, experience? What, specifically, is future existence? Without understanding specifcally what that means you still aren't telling me anything, you're merely swapping one un-defined term for another. You clearly don't have a time machine and experience the passage of space time the same as me, so I can't figure out what you mean.

But i am alive and well all the same. To me thats " spirit". Future existence.

OK, so spirit = being alive. It's a metaphor for being alive. Got it. That's simple and a bit of a tautalogy. It, however, doesn't move us any closer to an answer of what type of stuff angels and god and demons andthe holy ghost is comprised of. You've simply stated that alive things are alive.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I read this thread everyday - still none the wiser.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Viv i will look up,what the word " metaphor" is if you will look up what the word " SYRITHEROUSE" is.

I encorage you to do so.

• Viviane
    Viviane

The part you highlighted was sandwiched in between, which was showing the effects of the spirit or air we breathe which gives rise to what many would call 'our spirit' which can also be known as 'our way' ,our personality, our demeanour, our attitude as in he's got a good spirit. Spirit in those senses being used as descriptive In the context of the context of the conversation

OK. That's just a common metaphor. It moves us no closer to understanding what angels and demons are comprised of.

your point about force; there is no correlation between the force of a bullet or any other missiles impact and the force of the air we breathe.

You were talking about oxygen as a force and I was making the point that you were attempting to draw a straight line between the metaphysical and the actual physical and how quickly that doesn't work when exposed to a critical analysis or boundary testing.

Your point about the source of the oxygen ? Why would that have any relevance to the fact that we breathe it ?

Your point about gravity? Humans do not breathe gravity , I would not make any argument that gravity was spirit.....would you?...would anyone?

My point was that you picked one thing at random, out of the millions of thing required for humans to survive, and decided to arbitrarily call that one thing spirit. Your argument could apply equally as well to any of those things. There is no compelling reason to pick one over the other. Spirit, in the context you are using it, could be summed up as "the thing you decided to pick at random".

So far we are no closer. I'll update the list soon.

• prologos
    prologos

It is not STUFF,

not even Fluff,

it is the non-material information that is used by Life, even VERY ancient life to do work. like

the non-overlapping 4 generations of Monarch butterflies completing their one North to South and back migration.

the mind in the brain.

constantly moving into the future.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Viv i will look up,what the word " metaphor" is if you will look up what the word " SYRITHEROUSE" is.

I encorage you to do so.

Why would I look up fake words? Your word isn't real (unless you misspelled it, in which case feel free to try again), metaphor is a word students learn about in middle or primary school.

• Viviane
    Viviane

It is not STUFF,

it is the non-material information that is used by Life, even VERY ancient life to do work.

OK, so what is that comprised of? You've not answered the question, you've simply replaced one undefine term with another.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Viv how can you say the word " SYRITHEROUSE" is not real?

I gave birth to it 20 minutes ago.

So i created " future existence"

And its as real as the word " spirit"

When did the word SPIRIT come in to existence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit