What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well said, jgnat

However I doubt the OP is interested in the idea and philosophy of the word spirit as it pertains to one's existence, based on responses to questions posed on this subject.

That a dictionary defines one aspect of spirit as the immaterial nature of a person's existence doesn't seem to qualify as an answer.

Only hard evidence proving the existence of discrete spirit beings is allowed it would seem.

• Viviane
    Viviane

However I doubt the OP is interested in the idea and philosophy of the word spirit, based on responses to questions posed on this subject.

You could always ask rather than assume.

Only hard evidence proving the existence of discrete spirit beings is allowed.

That's never been said by anyone. Please don't make things up.

That a dictionary defines one aspect of spirit as the immaterial nature of a person's existence doesn't seem to qualify as an answer.

That simply replaces one term with no meaning with another with no meaning. It does nothing to get us closer to an answer.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Viv when did the word " spirit" come in to existence i think was relevent.

Why?

Because it raised a question that added to the debate and ot took us to.

Jgnats point " the word is not the thing

Gravity existed before the word did"

Which you yourself said was a good point.

Anyway i appreciate your thread and i thank you for your kind replyd. Hope you find the answer your looking for.

• Twitch
    Twitch

You could always ask rather than assume.

I did ask and the question was dismissed and/or ignored as irrelevant. Please be consistent in your answers.

That's never been said by anyone. Please don't make things up.

I made nothing up. You have no interest in discussing this aspect of the word. Perhaps you should be more discrete and specific in your questions.

That simply replaces one term with no meaning with another with no meaning. It does nothing to get us closer to an answer.

I beg to differ that it has no meaning. Philosophy has meaning, and is as intangible as it's subject. That's the point I and others try to make that you dismiss.

• Viviane
    Viviane

I did ask and the question was dismissed and/or ignored as irrelevant. Please be consistent in your questioning and answers.

Show me specifically where I said I wasn't interested? You should note that "not being interested" is wildly different from attempting to use that as anaswer to a specific question.

I made nothing up. I did ask a couple pages ago which definition of spirit was relevant here and was ignored, again.

Which has nothing to do with hard evidence. You're still wide of the mark and trying to conflate unrelated items to build a false narrative.

I beg to differ that it has no meaning. Philosophy has meaning, and is as intangible as it's subject. That's the point I and others try to make that you dismiss.

Philosophy does have meaning and that's not at all what I dismissed. You're still conflating unrelated items.

We are still no closer to an answer.

• cofty
    cofty

That a dictionary defines one aspect of spirit as the immaterial nature of a person's existence doesn't seem to qualify as an answer

What does that mean?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The puppy is still chasing its tail.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Don't speak that way of your cohorts, FHN. It's not as if you've fared any better.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Have a , Viviane. Sounds like a splendid idea if I say so myself.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Yeah, you probably do need a few drinks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit