What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

Viv and Jon - you can't know what spirit is made of, because it isn't made of anything we could understand or comprehend as humans.

If we cannot understand it, interact with or detect it, how is that not effectually nothing?

• Comatose
    Comatose

It's what god is made of. It's just beyond any human comprehension. It might as well be nothing, but of course we know god is there...

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Comatose to your comment that " but of course, we all know god is there....." i think i must be the exception to the rule.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

COMATOSE: It's what god is made of. It's just beyond any human comprehension. It might as well be nothing, but of course we know god is there...

We do?

How can you know something is there if you cannot see it, hear it or touch it.

Just saying it is beyond human comprehension is a cop out. The fact is, if you cannot comprehend it, It's the same as if it didn't exist.

I could say that alien beings from Mars are here, but you cannot "comprehend them". But I believe it to be so, and you cannot prove otherwise.

• Comatose
    Comatose

yup. I like to point out though that isn't just impossible to prove, but also illogical.

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ LisaRose

I just listened to 15 minutes on how the aliens have built a 7-storey complex in the SW USA, and how humans are NOT allowed below the second storey ... native people from the nearby reserve will not even discuss the weird things they have seen in the sky!

I love my room mate, but the alien stuff is a *bit much*.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Upfdated Summary

-Spirit is a metaphor

- Angels and demons are not spirit

- Angels and demons ARE spirit (no answer as to what spirit is)

- It is breath (meaning plants and paramecium also have spirit)

- It's the holy ghost (with no answer as to what spirit is)

- It's the non-physical part of people (no answer as to what spirit is)

- It's how you hear God (no answer as to what spirit is)

- It connects to our consciousness to form reality (no explanation of what spirit is or how that works)

- It connects us to higher dimensions (no explanation of what that is or how that works)

- It's the lifeforce or spark of life (no explanation of what that is or how that works)

- Alcohol

- Undetectable non-physical God-stuff

It seems this thread is winding down. I will make a comment on the last one. If God and and angels exist and interact with the world, it seems it should be detectable somehow. I mean, it IS interacting with somethin physical, so it some how much be detectable.

As it stands, we still have no idea what spirit is comprised of.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Glad you sorted it out for yourself. Whatever you are happy with and floats your boat.

• prologos
    prologos

--Exactly?:

INFORMATION.

• Viviane
    Viviane

It's not at all sorted. So far we are no closer to an answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit