All appointed men are being told they have to pioneer now!

by stuckinarut2 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

There may be provision to count hours for meetings when an elder participates in some meaningful way - like greeter or parking lot guard. I know that some elders count time "preparing for their meeting assignments." Pretty well known that all elders count BOE meetings and JCs in their counted hours. Any elder can manufacture enough hours to make 30 or even 50 per month with some creative accounting. What they should do is share their insider secrets with the rest of the congregation and boost the total hours for the congregation's monthly report.

JV

• steve2
    steve2

Pressure on appointed brothers to pioneer has been strong for several decades - but it has not yet been in the form of an instruction.

Could we please, please see the wording in the letter itself. This thread lacks an actual excerpt from the letter that would confirm the thread title (which categorically states these appointed men "are being told they have to pioneer now").

Or is this another false-alarm-thread based on perhaps strongly worded statements from the GB that brothers are being exhorted to do all they can to pioneer (which is more of the same "encouragement")?

Somehow, I cannot see the organization resorting to an instruction that categorically states appointed brothers "have to pioneer now".

I'm dubious - unless you can show me the letter.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I guess all of the actual "counting hours" doesnt bother me...I can write anything on a slip and tell them I did service in my own time etc during the week etc when it cant be disproven.

THE TRICK TO THAT IS: Ask for your own map! It has a few benefits:

1) of course you wont actually go out, so thats one more map of the community that wont be bothered by witnesses

2) hang on to it for a few weeks, say its done (drive around it to check it all out)

3) dont have to go out with others in the 'fake friends' group of gossipers...

BUT, what bothers me most is the forced way in which individuality and free choice is taken away, and the 'conformism' boys club is enforced....

ITS ALL ABOUT IMAGE, not substance in this cult....

• Heaven
    Heaven

stuck said: I guess all of the actual "counting hours" doesnt bother me...I can write anything on a slip and tell them I did service in my own time etc during the week etc when it cant be disproven.

I take it you aren't considering "going where the need is greatest" and booking your flight to Brazil to save those never before contacted Amazonian tribes people then.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Won't believe it until I see the letter.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Well THAT shouldn't be hard to do.

After all with a thirty day month one could pioneer lite (thirty hours). That's only three hours every one of four Saturdays. Two hours on each of four Sundays. That's twenty hours in eight days. That means you only have to give up an hour a day for each of your work days. Of course if you are actually a productive employed worker you can forget about any rest and relaxation, or family time, or.....

But who cares as long as the APPEARENCE is what matters?

Braapp!

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

CAn we see the letter?

• Listener
    Listener

Haven't the figures shown that the dubs are putting more hours into witnessing per head than ever before? If they can't get the percentage of new recruits up higher then at least they can say that the witnessing work is increasing by a staggering percentage and it is proof that the important work is advancing ahead at a greater pace than any other time in their history, proof that the end is near. Basically, a new stategy in keeping the momentum going full steam ahead since they know they can't predict dates anymore.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why should'nt the appointed men be expected to do more.

Alot of appointed men get instant respect, double honour, invites and freebies from the old sisters and others.

So why shouldn't they be expected to "sing for their supper".

They get up on the platform trying to guilt and shame everyone else into it.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi folks

I'm just wondering if the thought originated from this letter posted by pixel a coupla months ago

SERVICE MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

We are pleased to inform you that the Governing Body is arranging for a world- wide campaign in August 2014 to give extensive distribution to a new tract entitled Where Can We Find Answers to Life’s Big Questions? A key objective of this global campaign is to widely advertise the jw.org Web site. The Governing Body anticipates that our com- bined efforts in this special campaign could well make the month of August the greatest witnessing month ever! In the coming months, Our Kingdom Ministry will provide more details. For example, all qualified publishers will be able to serve as auxiliary pioneers in August with either a 30-hour or 50-hour requirement. All publishers and families are encouraged to begin making plans now to have a full share in the ministry during the month of August!

Generate enthusiasm for the campaign: Hebrews 13:7 encourages us : “Remember those who are taking the lead among you, who have spoken the word of God to you, and as you contem- plate how their conduct turns out, imitate their faith.” Literal sheep follow the voice and actions of their shepherd. In one land, an inexperienced shepherd reportedly tried to make the sheep cross the road by herding them, shouting at them, even striking them. They did not respond. However, when he walked across the road, he was surprised to see that the sheep were following him. In like man- ner, publishers will be more inclined to auxiliary pioneer in August if they know that the elders, ministerial servants, and their families are in the forefront of the work. Whether your circumstances permit you to auxiliary pioneer or not, all will want to give zealous support to this special cam- paign. — 2 Cor. 9:7.

Field service group overseers should set an example that will encourage each publisher and pioneer in his group to have a zealous share. Group overseers should personally encourage Bible students who are well along in the Bible Teach book to consider approaching the coordinator of the body of elders to see if they qualify as unbaptized publishers. Young ones who go out in the minis- try with their parents but who are not congregation publishers may also want to begin participating

2/3/14-E

There were four letters posted in the op

jtg

I havent worked out how to post the link to the earlier post. 2/3/2014

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit