All appointed men are being told they have to pioneer now!

by stuckinarut2 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I guess we'll see if this is real organizationally or just something local by an overzealous BOE or CO.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

How much FS do GB members do? If they do less than elders, aren't they being hypocrites?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If true, they will get three primary results:

1. Some will see this as an important directive from the slave and do their best to pioneer. They will view it as another chore in a long list.

2. Many will learn to fake report even better.

3. (My favorite) This will be a fine opportunity for many to resign and save face. "So sorry. I think this is a wonderful thing, but I just am not able to do it, therefore I am not worthy of my assignment."

Because of #3, I will doubt that the directive was more than a strong suggestion.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The 30 hour option came in a few years ago when there were the special leaftlet campaigns. This has now been extended to when the CO comes as well. They have always encouraged appointed men to pioneer during this time but it's never been mandatory. Having said that with the option for this to happen as much as four times a year then the social pressure to push the boat out at least once a year is ramping up.

The OP's claim does have to be verified and assuming it is then it will be interesting to see the supporting bumpf as to how obligatory this really is.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

As usual , I agree with OTWO and think this directive is a good thing because it will be the straw that broke the camels back for many of those who just can't hack it anymore.

All appointed men have been told in a new letter that they have to pioneer to "set the lead" whenever there is a "special" campaign month

Maybe they meant to say "Annointed Men" LOL !

Another creative way you will be allowed to count time, it to have a jw.org sticker on your car. Then you can count time for all daylight hours. You are being a witness after all!

If the bumper stickers are reflectorized they could park their cars on the street at night and count time while they sleep.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

They already lack men reaching out in this organization. Now,they want to make things more difficult. It's all about numbers,and having your name read from platform.

This makes me think of an elder I know,who works full-time,has an ill wife,and has health problems himself. Plus,the parts,he has to do for the meetings. And any work that needs done at the hall,he is there. How is he going to get 30 hours in?

Whatever happened at doing one's best,and not put on a show. Sorry,but,for me,signing up,just because it's expected,is for appearance sake,not from the heart.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

To the OP stating it will be especially hard to fade, I say the opposite. It will be the perfect reason to "step down" as there is no biblical requirement to do 30 hours of FS when HQ decides leaflets must be distributed.

I'm going to hold off on commenting further until this is verified. I know they are dumb there in la-la land, but I file this under not being that dumb.

• Shador
    Shador

I am an MS and have heard nothing about this. However, writing 30 on a piece of paper is pretty easy. I've done it before.

• Heaven
    Heaven

stuck said: true, I will only have to fake it for short time till the end of the system when the loving god kills everyone who doesn't listen to the life saving message.

stuck, I suggest you travel to the Amazon and preach to these tribal peoples. I bet the whole trip will include all hours needed, maybe even more! :

Amazon Tribe Discovered 2008

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi All,

Good comments from everyone...

I think it all comes down to having all the appointed men in a cong (E&MS) NAMES read out to the whole cong as Aux Pioneers that is the motive! You see that way it would be viewed as Encouragement to all the cong to follow their lead....

SO, if I DONT pioneer, it will make me stand out as different!

AND as we all know...the org is great at allowing gossip to spread along with judgement as to what they feel each one should be doing with their lives!

I will find out officially in two days when I will try and get a copy of the letter for everyone...

STAY TUNED...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit