All appointed men are being told they have to pioneer now!

by stuckinarut2 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

if you have to just write down 1 billion hours on your time slip for August.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

UPDATE AGAIN!!!!

So, you know how the application form has the statement:

"I am of good moral standing and habits etc, I agree to devote 50 hours etc...."

As I still have not submitted an appliaction, I was asked:

"Is there something holding you back from putting in the application brother...perhaps a reason why you cant sign the form?..."

Can you beleieve this? I think they are now implying that I must not be "morally upright", and thats why I havent applied yet!!!

This is just getting insane!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Maybe that's what some are saying but NO way are those directions being stated in my congregation and surrounding ones, I know for a fact. They are "encouraged" but they will not be removed if they don't pioneer. Everyone has different circumstances.

• Splash
    Splash

stuckinarut2 "Is there something holding you back from putting in the application brother...perhaps a reason why you cant sign the form?..."

For every question you get asked, ask one back. ALWAYS respond with a question.

eg, when you were asked the above:
    "What reason are you suggesting?"
    "Have you heard something that you wish to share with me?"
    "If I don't pioneer will Jehovah destroy me?"
    "If I don't pioneer will you remove me?"
    "Do you know that your questioning makes you look distrustful and discouraging?"
    "Are you trying to be the master over my faith?"
    "Do you know all of my circumstances? Doesn't Proverbs have something to say about that?"
    "Is this your idea of encouragement?"

The list is endless. Just don't answer with a statement.

Splash

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great suggestion splash!

Answering with a question (not in a smart ass way) is a great way to take control of the situation and in turn take away their attempt at control...

Thankyou for the ideas...

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It's not just appointed men. During this week's service meeting part about the campaign, the elder said, "The Governing Body has directed that everyone pioneer during August."

Well... isn't that special.

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Stuck,

If push comes to shove, a firm answer goes farther than a weak one. A weak answer says "my answer is not yes, but not fully no..." This tells them to try and convince you to change your mind.

A firm answer will get most people to give up, realizing that it is pointless.

"thank you for your enthusiasm and encouragement. But my answer is no"

"Perhaps you do not understand my circunstances. I BARELY get the time I am already turning in. With my current MS assignments, meeting parts, family study, and work schedule. I feel that I am already stretched thin."

"So after prayerfull thought my answer is no. Of course I will be trying to find ways to increase my support for the campaign a couple of hours. But am not pioneering this month."

If an elder becomes overly pushy acting like it is a rule that you have to pioneer, you may have to tell him that he is crossing the line from "encouraging" to "demanding"

• thedog1
    thedog1

In my hall the bro doing the part did lay it on quite thick that everyone should seriously think about pioneering, and said that there are plenty of forms for everyone. I think it is possible that I might be the only one of the elder body that is not pioneering in August as most of the elders already pioneer, but still they won't put a gun to my head and tell me I should.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just know that with their current suspicious view of me , this is a critical moment....as to whether I "play along, or stand defiantly in my own decision...."

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

That is interesting -- didn't notice this info prev. but last night, there were 16 annouced to aux during August and 2 elders were in the announcement.. one stood out as I cannot remember him aux before - so guess he wants to keep his spot.. until the CO arrives and takes over from the DO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit