All appointed men are being told they have to pioneer now!

by stuckinarut2 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

finkelstein. you call it a publishing house? 6 million plus PUBLISHERS. of course

millions of aux pioneers giving out ORG business cards or the slightly bigger folded version for at least 30 hours in August?

Enthousiasm among the elite in the congregation outwardly great, "see me pioneering",

so what is all the excitement about? more churning?

the bard had it right? : much adoo about nothing?

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Blah! I was looking forward to tomorrow night meeting to see how the "pioneer in august" would be pushed. But, just remembered this weekend is RC. No meeting tomorrow.

We get to skip the whole pioneer in august part!

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

I don't know but to become a pioneer for August 2014 just because we have a new tract to campaign (or distribute) for and just because we are celebrating 100 years of God's Kingdom, is not motivating enough.

If a JW does not believe the 1914 doctrine anymore and the end is not near as the Society has trumpeted for 100 years, then what is the RATIONALE for joining the fray? As christians, we have the privilege to preach the good news - with or without being a pioneer. Only Jehovah God sees what is in the heart.

The new August tract has JW.ORG prominently printed on it. It can be considered as a subtle if not direct marketing for the website. While there are articles that are worth reading for the public at large, I personally don't believe it is compelling to go out and comit yourself to investing 50 hours to campaign. Besides, there are "good and fine works" outside of the preaching work (Heb. 10: 24, 25).

24 " And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. " Instead of devoting 50 hours of sharing the new tract, why not have some of those hours devoted to doing charitable works, visiting the brothers (and even non-JW friends) who are sick or need help, visiting orphanage which is scriptural also. How about spending time buying gifts as surprise presents to the brothers? There are probably a long list for good works for you - and not only preaching. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit