A farce elder here

by His Excellency 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• suavojr
    suavojr

You are crossing the line and it does not matter if you believe or not, when you hurt others it is unethical and vile. But you can do as you wish and don't think people will accept this disgusting behavior.

• millie210
    millie210

5 pages?

This guy is a troll.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Mr Excellency, your story is similar to mine - I learned TTATT about six months before I was appointed an elder. I was really struggling with a lot of things, including my faith at the time. If the HS really was directing things I should have been passed over.

• integ
    integ

I have my doubts this guy is for real. If he is, then I do understand his twisted reasoning to a degree. I don't agree with it but I kind of get it in a way. If he's authentically doing it this way he's trying to effect change by showing people the harsh reality of what this is all about. It's like the witness widow with an unbeleiving husband that just passed away. Nobody (well...very few) is going to come up to her and say "by the way...you do realize that your husband will not be ressurected don't you? He had a chance to accept the truth but refused it. It's up to Jah but we have always taught that people like him will NOT be ressurected". That used to be the harsh reality. Telling the widow this harsh truth will hurt her to the core...being told she will NEVER see her husband again thanks top our loving God. That may just be the inpetus for this widow to wake up and leave.

That's just one example of some of the harsh "truths" that many just gloss over or refuse to accept or address...or think about. Getting in people's faces about it could cause them to say "the heck with this..I don't believe THAT".

What we have here though... I think is just a guy who is making up a weird story.

• DJS
    DJS

Yes, I agree. A troll. His screen name is desgined to annoy.

• KateWild
    KateWild

HE, is just the type of elder the GB like. He is instilling fear in all the members of his cong. He is enjoying his power and privileges. The GB don't really care if elders are spiritual. The GB want elders to be controlling.

I have met many elders like this whilst in the BOrg, they love lording it over the sheep. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even believe in God.

Treating good people in a harsh way is never helpful.

This thread reminded me of how badly the elders treated me, and the difficulties I am now having because of this. HE, is part of the problem not part of the solution, he is just looking to his own interests.

Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

Kate, assuming he is real, I agree 100 percent. The elders reflect their masters, the Dark Lords in the Tower. When I was appointed an elder my 'mission' was to lighten the load and make being a Dub fun. That certainly was a delusional short trip out of the Death Star. I think Hugh is an imposter/troll. But there are a lot of real ones just like him.

• KateWild
    KateWild

DJS, I am skeptical of him too. I have just been reading his story that he wrote after studying English for 18 months!!!!Kate xx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/245501/1/My-Story-The-story-of-Struggle-in-the-midst-of-Civil-War#.U1EBJvldW8A

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Can we all just get along and put our own feelings aside?

Isn't this whole site about our own individuality? Let the man speak and express himself in his own way.

I look at myself and the damage I have caused to others lives because of my JW Elder training. This site has opened my heart and I have many regets to how I have behaved to fellow believers because they were not doing what I was doing. I lurked on this site for 2 years before I joined and I am still going through the de-programing process. it does not happen overnite.

One BIG CHANGE NOW FOR ME is that I care for people. I have not donated money to the BORG in 8 months now, yet I am using my hard earned money to help those less fortunate than me, especially the Fatherless children. I am giving away more money now than I have in my whole life in the Watchtower!

• DJS
    DJS

James,

I understand; I've been trying to give Hugh the benefit of the doubt, assuming he is real. If his bio is correct, he is 27? Is this correct? And if he grew up around harshness then harshness would seem normal to him, in addition to his youth. I'm glad you are on this site. I went through the same thing when I left the Borg; I regretted any of the harshness (not much) I showed the friends. I would do things differently. I guess the point many are making about Hugh is that he has a chance to 'do things differently.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit