New field service rules coming this summer

by doinmypart 101 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

People will just do what they always did LIE

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Wasnt auxilliary Piousneering "Vacation " or "Temporary" and you had to do 100 hours? Regular was 150??

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Who was the A**hole that said, " I think 150 hrs would be a reasonable number of hours..." Can you even believe that?!?!

DD

• clarity
    clarity

All I know for sure, is that the dubs care how

they measure-up in their friends eyes.

I've heard a lot of them say........

"Even if they (organization) are wrong, I would

never leave ........I love all the brothers!"

When I joined this outfit ....our names, & the hours,

placements & studies, were posted on a hugely

conspicuous bulletin board at back of the hall.....

geeze you could see this thing 40 paces away!!!

I found this to be the choke-hold to force participation.

In fact, I never realized until looking at that list, that I

was now obligated to keep up with the norm...or else be

hated by 'the friends'

Maybe the list is coming back.

clarity

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Dear Brothers,

The Governing Body lovingly realizes the great amount of time and effort it takes to prepare oneself to share in the field ministry, [Personal Note: my wife needs at least 2 hours to do her hair, make-up, nails, etc] and thus has lovingly made the adjustment that preparation time involved in ones readiness for Field Service does indeed qualify as Dedicated Service. This is not unlike the person who works in a special field of employment where it requires signficant time on the job to equipment themselves with their safety clothes and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). Employers recognize this as active time "on the job".

So too it is with the organized safety meetings or deparment meetings to schedule the day's activities of employees on their secular jobs. Have we not seen this at the Regional Building Sites when our Brothers and Sisters give their valuable time to build or remodel Kingdom Halls or Assembly Halls. It is standard procedure to begin with a Safety Meeting and to carefully wear PPE. This is not considered any less important than the time doing actual construction activities. So too, our Meetings for Field Service are structured to give organizational instruction for our day in the Field Ministry.

The same is true of Our Service Meeting. The instructions we regular receive at this meeting are to prepare us to be more effective at our "work" of preaching the Good News.

Obviously, time spend preparing for the Field Service activitiy, which presents the need for us to dress and prepare ourselves appropriately to give a good witness in our manner of dress and grooming, as well as the time spent organizing our day's activity in Field Service and the time we spend during Our Service Meeting to better equip us for the ministry, should qualify as "dedicated time" when it comes to reporting our hours of service on our Monthly Field Service Report. Thus, begining September 1, 2014, all publishers are directed to include this preparation and organizational time on their montly report.

The Governing Body lovingly realizes the time, effort, and commitment all of you dear Brothers and Sisters are giving to further the preaching of the Good News. It is hoped that this loving new provisiion will more genuinely reflect the real amount of time that is being dedicated to this most important work as we enter ever more deeply into the final days of this system of things. Likely, this will allow many more to service as Auxillary and Regular Pioneers.

Is it not exciting times in which we find ourselves living! Surely these adjustments will be a great help in speeding up the work as Jehovah's Day draws near!

CCofJWs

[Remember: You read it here first!]

Doc

• Heaven
    Heaven

I figure this has got to be the "Swerve and Deflect" year in this cult as it is has been 100 years since Armageddon was supposed to arrive Jesus returned invisibly... and nothing has happened yet. No new system of things... No giant ka-boom!

Marvin Martian Where's the Kaboom

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

KH cleaning and maintenance will be FS time. Any work at new KH construction sites will be FS time. Preparing "canned" comments for the meetings will be FS time. Rehearsing presentations at home will be FS time. "Necessary" coffee stops will be FS time.

just saying

eyeuse2badub

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Before 1975, JW's who "full-time pioneered" really meant business. They devoted their lives (every waking hour) to the ministry (their full time job). They relied on family, friends and the congregations for financial support, cars, food, housing, etc. They were always short on cash and physically fit.

When they weren't knocking on doors they were writing letters, studing for studies, conducting studies, informal witnessing, studing for the meetings, reading all the literature, street witnessing, finding new studies, studing with young relatives, researching deeper bible topics, studing with young ones in the congregation, bringing people to the the point of baptism ( when was the last time you saw that happen ???).

With less than two dozen folks getting baptized at conventions - the norm - in an assembly hall filled with hundreds of "full-time pioneers", it's obvious that things have really changed.

Pioneering is now a part-time venture.

And a full-time badge of 'honor'.

ginger

• KateWild
    KateWild

Pioneering is now a part-time venture.

And a full-time badge of 'honor'.-ginger

LOL, this is so true. excellent point. Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Get ready!! The day that JWs print their own literature from the website and count time cutting and folding is almost here!!!

" Obviously, time spend preparing for the Field Service activitiy , which presents the need for us to dress and prepare ourselves appropriately to give a good witness in our manner of dress and grooming, as well as the time spent organizing our day's activity in Field Service and the time we spend during Our Service Meeting to better equip us for the ministry,should qualify as "dedicated time" when it comes to reporting our hours of service on our Monthly Field Service Report. Thus, begining September 1, 2014, all publishers are directed to include this preparation and organizational time on their montly report."

I don't think this was so "obvious" when they DF'd Raymond Franz. Can you smell the utter hypocrisy?!?!?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit