New field service rules coming this summer

by doinmypart 101 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

sounds kind of like a new reasoning book.

How to count time? No, I'd say more of a new "Organized" book.

Let me make the first speculation: Counting time will become infinitely easier. Suddenly all those 4 hour publishers are now 15 hour publishers.

Effect number 1: The grand total of hours reported in the yearbooks jumps from 1.7 billion to 4 or 5 billion. "What a mighty shout of praise! Jehovah is speeding up the work! We are marching around Jericho 7 times!"

Effect number 2: Pressure to pioneer ramps up. If even "average" publishers can now get 20, 30, 40 hours per month, "what is holding you back from pioneering at 70 hours per month?"

Effect number 3: More intense pressure on inactives & low hour publishers. If even an "average" publisher now gets 20 hours a month, "are you sure you only got 3 hours last month, Brother Slacker? Obviously you lack appreciation for spiritual things!"

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Now that it's been almost 5 years the whole concept of counting time seems insane and i think back on all the little time counting tricks everyone played.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Like it is difficult.....preaching to a human being....when did it start, when did it stop? That's your time. Anything more is fudging the statistics.

I have been wondering what they were going to do about this, they are slamming the breaks onto the religious organisation, how can they defend the obvious slow down in growth, hours and religious work that is inevitable?

Change the rules on how it is all measured...

• prologos
    prologos

sir 82, yes.

5 Billion hours per year?

would that not be 40 minutes of 'witnessing' for EACH human on earth PER YEAR?, the final witness?

really?

• Splash
    Splash

I wonder if there will be a column on the new time form for the number of hours spent in Family Worship.

This would make it easy to see who's doing it and who isn't.

Splash

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

New ways to count time... I wonder if they will let you count time now for visiting the infirm or old folks.

Isn't it kosher to count the time I spend posting here? That's pretty much the best excuse for what I put on my slip every month.

• pixel
    pixel

Will keep a close eye on this thread.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

As long as they dont take away dear old Sister Parkers tried and proven method of starting time by throwing a tract out her apartment window.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, dontcallme, but doinmypart has broken some important points in the past when he was still an active elder.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What ever happens it will show that they recognize that the current counts are meaningless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit