Any seniors looking for association?

by cultBgone 148 Replies latest social relationships

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

President Grace. I am 71 and would like to join your Over the Hill gang. Thanks.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Jeannette!!!!Consider you my first convert But I have to warn you I wont remember who you are tomorrow.
    I am a dementia sufferer. I can remember what i did when I was a kid. But i forget when I put the toast in two mininuts ago

It aint fun being OLD!!!!!At 71 you got along way to go to get to Mouthy's age but a day at a time.
    But i am hoping to kick the bucket any day now

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

There's the name, Gracie's Gang.

Hey dont feel bad Grace, I'm only 59 and I can't remember where I put the toast two minutes ago.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Jeanette - 71

Lisa Rose - 59

SPRING CHICKENS !

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Maybe, but I am old enough to get the senior discount at Goodwill, and to be in Gracie's Gang.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Ok logon___ your age????????I want to know . are you an old duck or rooster????

• snakeface
    snakeface

cultBgone,

Maybe there are certain hobbies/activities you enjoy or would like to try....karaoke, sewing, gardening, animal care, boating, yoga, Elvis Presley fan club, or whatever. Here's a website www.meetup.com where you put in your location and search for a group with a particular interest in your area. Put in "sewing" or "jazz" or whatever. OR if you don't have a particular hobby in mind, you can search by location and it'll list all the groups in that area. From that list you might find something that you hadn't thought of before. I got involved in a karaoke group and they meet at different locations on different evenings. I go only when I feel like it; it's not realy a club where you have to attend every meeting. It's just a means to connect with others who share a particular interest.

As for dating, there are sites such as eharmony.com that allow you to screen contacts before meeting them.

I hope these suggestions help.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Thanks, snake, I've tried meetup.com for several years but am always told there are no groups in my area. So I've instigated a meet-up here!

Not really ready for the worldly dating scene as I wouldn't even consider dating someone unless I knew them for a time. People my age have just waaaay too much baggage! And the whole sex on the first date thing lost it's attraction when I was much younger.

Please know how much I appreciate your kind words! Just knowing you cared enough to make suggestions will send me to sleep with a happy heart.

Hugs!

• snakeface
    snakeface

You're right about the baggage thing, cultBgone. And you're right, this site is our meetup group.

Here on this site we all have at least one thing in common...we will never run out of things to talk about!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

CultBgone - did you have a nice day today? What did you do, exactly. I really am interested. I left the cult about a year ago, and just can't believe I was so fooled for 40 years-embarrassed too. I do miss the routine of service and meetings, but it is so nice not to have to hussle around and get ready. Now I am going to festivals and yard sales, and that makes me happy. Things that I can look at and enjoy without having to spend too much money. During the evenings, I've been going online and I've been finding out many things about JW, and Christianity in general, and I think they're all a fraud.

Gracie, what do you mean you hope you'll kick the bucket soon. Please write us and teach us some of your wonderful knowlege of things that you have built up over the years. And, for your dementia- as you call it. One of the many wonderful cures is coconut oil-the pure kind-the kind that is solid at room temperature, but melts easily. You need to work up to taking up to 11 tablespoons a day. The brain is not getting the sugar it needs, and coconut oil will enter and feed it. Write us and tell us about a happy thing you did lately. It's so nice to have you all. Love you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit