Thanks WTBS for changing the Kingdom Songs, you freed me!

by StephaneLaliberte 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Newer songs really do Suck, my wife has a cd of them in her car. When i get in to drive i have to stop myself from throwing that cd out the window.

Oh heck, throw it out and tell her you left the car unlocked and someone stole it.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

DD kind of crazy right that your rap, if it were about something everyone could understand people would buy it!

Most the Jws would not understand your historical lyrics!

Yet here all of us like your song! Think it is tge best ever!

Normal folks would look at you like, what was that about!

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Haha data-dog!

When I was a child I would sit on the bus and sing that song! I had the displeasure of attending some meetings a couple of weeks ago - the new songs are awful!

• jgnat
    jgnat

You brought back a memory of my process of leaving my abusive ex-husband. I had physically left to protect myself and my children, but I was still working on reconciliation. We had an argument over the phone, he lost his temper, and in his rage he demolished the phone. I heard it dying.

I asked myself, who would pour out their rage on an innocent, inanimate object, that had done nothing to him? The beatings I took at his hand, I had absorbed, but the absurdity of that demolished phone pushed me mentally off the edge. I stopped trying to reconcile and counted myself lucky I got away.

Sometimes it is the small things.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Why would anyone change song lyrics unless they are part of cult indoctrination.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

BU2B: " The sad part is that although most of the JWs probably feel like we do about the new songs, most would never admit it. They would not question the "food".

You know what's funny? Shortly after the new music was released, I popped into a kingdom hall for one Sunday session. I pretended I knew nothing about JWs and everyone was polite to me and said Hello (this was at a KH where I knew nobody). But during the 5-minute conversation I held with these JWs, they OPENLY admitted that they did NOT like the new songs! Here I was, a stranger and potential convert for them, and they're bashing the new songs!

I'd have to agree. There is a deep, emotional tie to the old music and when they changed the music, it cut deep for a lot of JWs.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I am sooo with you on this ecan6, the new songs debarcle was like a sucker punch to my faith. I too had favourites that held special meaning for me and then they just up and changed them like it was nothing. The new songs are godawful, no discernable melody. I am sure you could use them to torture prisoners, anyone would confess to anything after being subjected to that.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have a different reaction than you, but I can relate to the km having powerful emotional effects. My reaction is immediate:

Earlier in my recovery, I even had that physical response after reading a thread about km and someone posted this: I don't know if the songbook had that symbol on it, or if it just triggered a memory. But yeah, there are only a few things left that give me that involuntary reaction.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nancy Drew: As long as they still sing about beating off those molested bees

I don't think so:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/181991/1/Hooray-Watchtower-Will-Stop-Molesting-Bees#.Uyo8E4VWjq0

• out4good3
    out4good3

Oh heck, throw it out and tell her you left the car unlocked and someone stole it.

Its a very sick puppy that woule want to steal that crap.

This reminds me...... I have to throw out those crap magazines my wife left in the back of my car.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit