Thanks WTBS for changing the Kingdom Songs, you freed me!

by StephaneLaliberte 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh heck, throw it out and tell her you left the car unlocked and someone stole it.

Its a very sick puppy that woule want to steal that crap.

This reminds me...... I have to throw out those crap magazines my wife left in the back of my car.

But the wife will think that something very valuable was stolen and that maybe the person will end up finding Jehovah because of it. Meanwhile, a break from suck @$$ kingdom songs.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is what happens if you alter things too much. And especially with the Kingdumb maladies. Granted, the old ones were bad. But, when I was first going into the cancer, some of the songs tied in and were associated with what I thought was learning the truth (remember, Saturn was still in Sagittarius during most of this time). Quite a few of the songs were associated with the Grand Boasting Session--42 (a blatant ripoff of Vangelis' Chariot of Fire--I wish Vangelis would have sued the crap out of the washtowel for that), 91, 191, 181 (the last song at that session), 202 (the baptize song), 221, and 6 come to mind. I remember 148, 151, and 8 quite well--with different stimuli. And song 33 was mistaken for a song on the radio--partly because I was brainwashed into rejecting too many radio songs.

When they tampered with that, they severed those links. Whatever family memories you had with song 181 at the Grand Boasting Session of 1988 are now gone. And with it whatever went on at that session--fun wise. Now it sounds more like dying cats and cult chants. They did that on purpose so they could destroy whatever pride one may have had for being a good singer. It also dulls the experience more, which damages your soul and damns you to stagnation (plus putting you in a condition for the discourse to further damn you). Now, everything before December 31, 2009 is ancient history and your memories stop at January 1, 2010. Again, that is to disconnect you from whatever positive energy may have been around earlier. For many, this goes back into the mid and late 1980s when congregations were growing and there was more fun around. With that cut off, all there is is the drudgery--damnation.

As for throwing the CD out the window, I recommend finding a rubbish can to throw it into instead. You might replace it with a copy of The Eagles' Hotel California--put the disc in the jacket, and when they place the disc in the player and play it, they are in for a rude awakening. And, by placing the disc in the rubbish, you are not littering. (And you are reducing the chances of some innocent victim finding the disc, playing it, and damning their souls).

• snakeface
    snakeface

Oh heck, throw it out and tell her you left the car unlocked and someone stole it.

Its a very sick puppy that woule want to steal that crap.

This reminds me...... I have to throw out those crap magazines my wife left in the back of my car.

But the wife will think that something very valuable was stolen and that maybe the person will end up finding Jehovah because of it. Meanwhile, a break from suck @$$ kingdom songs.

Just tell the wife she can count it as a placement. Then she'll have an experience to relate on the platform at the next circus assembly.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ WTWizard.

You are a mess.

To God we are dedicated, we've made the choice, In Him and His Son we do rejoice.

Such sad things going on in an organization that supposedly views Christ as its Head.

Sylvia

• out4good3
    out4good3

Just tell the wife she can count it as a placement. Then she'll have an experience to relate on the platform at the next circus assembly.

The flip side of that is then she'll want to spend more of the family's hard earned dough replacing them.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

WTWizard: I doubt that the ones in charge desired to cause harm to all those (and mostly everyone), who had emotional connections to the old songs. However, that’s what happened. The culprits: Human weakness and the environment of unconditional submission fostered by the Watchtower.

Most people agree that the changes brought to the kingdom songs (aside for some new songs), were not improvements. This can only mean that the people who directed these changes were part of the few who thought otherwise, yet, were surrounded by people who obviously did not tell them their real opinions and feelings.

There is nothing worst for a boss then to be surrounded by YES men. Unfortunately, the WTBS continually prints that faithful Christians humbly accept the authority without questioning it. This results in actions that don’t take into account the impact these will have on the individuals. The KMs change is one of their best examples.

As bad as they were, those old songs still bring back memories of relatives who are now long gone

TD: I am totally with you on that one. One of my immediate family members has passed away. Back then, I would sing a song with her (No. 4 about the resurrection) and we would know it by heart. Then, these imbeciles decided to change the lyrics and even part of the musical arrangement! When I noticed this at the KH, I felt like they were attempting to kill a memory of my loved one. That’s all I have left now, memories, and they were trying to take it away! I felt utterly broken that day.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((ecan6)))))))

So sorry ...

Sylvia

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

For sentimental folks, they need oldies night at the kingdom hall. Retro day at the convention.

The flip side of that is then she'll want to spend more of the family's hard earned dough replacing them.

Worth every penny, when you consider the rides with no kingdom songs that you'll get while you await the next KH shipment.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The New Songbook should be titled: Sing praises to the Governing Body. Four songs directly sing praises to them. These are quoted below.

Song 11, second verse:

Your slave, your steward here on earth,
    Proclaims your greatness and your worth,
    Feeds us with nourishment when due,
    Thus strengthens us your will to do.

Song 43, second verse:

Stay awake, and keep your senses,
    Always ready to obey.
    Stay alert to Christ’s direction
    Through his faithful slave today.
    Heed the counsel of the older men ,
    Who protect his sheep and truth defend.

Song 84, second verse:

Oh, what help Jehovah God gave
    When he sent the faithful wise slave ,
    With whom we serve with joy,
    Our powers employ,
    That meek ones we might help to save.
    Those in need can easily tell
    When we love them ever so well.
    So if widows and orphans should ask you,
    Then readily say: “I want to.”

Song 116, second verse:

Our Lord has appointed a trustworthy slave,
    Through whom He gives food in due season .
    The light of the truth has grown brighter with time,
    Appealing to heart and to reason.
    Our path ever clearer, our steps ever firm,
    We walk in the brightness of day.
    All thanks to Jehovah, the Source of all truth,
    We most gratefully walk in his way.
  • TD
    TD

DS,

Is that for real?

[Edit]

Nevermind. I just raided my wife's office. Now I'm going to be sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit