Over 7yrs as a JW and I just found out I'm not supposed to buy Girl Scout Cookies?

by Maat13 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Do you not know that the Girl Guides Organization is run by other religious organizations and therefore operated

and governed over by Satan himself ?

These girls are all under Satan's spell if you look closely.

Why give money and support for an organization like that ?

Why not give your extra money to god's solemnly chosen organization the Watchtower Corporation.

Why anger god in this way when you can appease him in another way ?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It would be fun to take a tray of them to a get-together. Then, after most of them are eaten, tell everyone they are Girl Scout cookies.

Rub a Dub

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I loved Girl Scout cookies when I was young. They are hard to eat now. My mom bought a 100 percent human hair wig. It transformed her. Some brothers accosted her at the KH and told her to discard the wig. She refused. If what the Witnesses say is true about used goods, the US Army would have to turn out to contain the demons.

A friend suggested that NYers have bipolar disorder. Another example of call in the military to gain control.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I cried to join the Brownies and Girl Scouts. My parents said if they did not meet in a church I could be one. All the girls at school were Brownies. The girls would talk about all the fun they were having. I wanted to earn a sewing badge. Their camp stories were funny. We had girls in our class whose parents lavished money on them. It affected the girls in a negative way. They walked around with Shirley Temple curls. If you visited their house, the number of toys were amazing. The family gave a lot of money in gifts to the public school teachers. Oh, the teachers smothered them with compliments. The other girls got even at camp. I was laughing so hard. They cut off the Shirley Temple curls.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Hope you haven't been working out at the Y (MCA) all this time.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I bought a bunch of cookies from the adorable little Girls Scouts after reading this post. Here is what happened.....

DD: [ Walking into a store. He notices the girls and their cookies. He is going to feign disinterest.] Whistling....dumm dee dumm

Adorable Gir Scout #! 1: Hello!! [ eyes-batting] Would you like to buy some cookies?!?

DD: Hmmmmm?? I have to think about it while I shop.

Adorable Scout #2: Make a wise decision, ok??! [ wink]

10 minutes later...

Adorable Scout #1: Did you make a wise decision??

DD: [ he's lost already, there is no resisting their cuteness] Well, why should I buy your cookies when I can just go to the grocery store? What's so great about your cookies? [ grinning ]

Adorable Scout #2 Uhmm.. Well, we use our money to camp and learn stuff. [ she rattles off some "stuff"] And..And...ummm..

Adorable Scout #1: AND..We are adorable!! [ They all start pouring on the charm.]

I bought 4 boxes of cookies.

DD

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Aw DD you big softy That played out in my head like a slow film, and made me smile

Wonder how the Op is doing.....

• Maat13
    Maat13

Kate,

thanks for the bump...I missed it a month ago

My situation is no better...my spouse has increased activity with the JW's. As if that will bring me back into the fold. I'm in it for the long haul.

Maat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit